BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
After a little more digging it looks like the single xenon projectors have a naturally more foggy lens.

https://www.ledconceptslighting.com/closeouts/bi-xenon-bosch-e46-replica-projectors.html

Still tempted with TRS’s solution though

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
I noticed the today. There are quite a lot of e46's around me and I always examine them. Not only with the e46, but with acura too I noticed that some are crystal clear and others have a "foggy" look

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I noticed the today. There are quite a lot of e46's around me and I always examine them. Not only with the e46, but with acura too I noticed that some are crystal clear and others have a "foggy" look

It’s weird. In the pic the lens looks clear but in the last link they appear foggy. That Bimmerpost link also had a comment by someone stating that the fog is normal

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
It’s weird. In the pic the lens looks clear but in the last link they appear foggy. That Bimmerpost link also had a comment by someone stating that the fog is normal

I guess some got a coating of some sort

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can you not just swap in some factory xenons into a halogen car from someone parting out? Tried searching but found nothing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We build all our own lights, to the specs of our customers mostly but always build in house. You aren't getting something "just off the shelf".

We offer you Canbus non-error ballasts, something many other companies don't do. We also offer retrofitted projectors - FXR and MINI H1, just like the "other guys" minus the fancy shmancy naming trademark (not patent or design).
Do you offer led interior light packages that don't flash or blink nearly causing seizures?

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys. I have a 2001 330 Ci and I "think" it has Xenon lights. The dashboard is showing me a failure in the driver-side head lights. The high-beams, though, work fine.

How do I confirm that it is Xenon lights that I have (would the VIN tell me), and is there a quick diagnostic to see if it's just a simple light bulb that went bad?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys. I have a 2001 330 Ci and I "think" it has Xenon lights. The dashboard is showing me a failure in the driver-side head lights. The high-beams, though, work fine.

How do I confirm that it is Xenon lights that I have (would the VIN tell me), and is there a quick diagnostic to see if it's just a simple light bulb that went bad?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

Thanks all.
If your car has projector lenses in it, it has xenons. Regular looking reflective bowls are halogen.

Sent from my tractor.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
OEM Bi xenon vs retrofit

Guys, I need some advise - I have snatched new AL halogens \w cornering lights, should I go for retrofit or just buy nice used set of OEM Bi-xenon with ballasts and stuff (around 300 USD for a nice pair), move internals to the halogen lights (projectors, shrouds, bowls if needed)? It seems only difference in headlight housings is drilled hole for additional wiring.

I have also bought new halogen euro LCM for v4.5 upgrade (with halogen adjustments), which I want to wire to new headlights (4 wires to each headlight corrector motor <-> LCM). Will manual adjustment work with retrofitted projectors\shrouds, or I am forced to rebuild using OEM bi-xenon?

Car is US spec halogen (so no manual adjustment\bi-xenon wiring).

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Guys, I need some advise - I have snatched new AL halogens \w cornering lights, should I go for retrofit or just buy nice used set of OEM Bi-xenon with ballasts and stuff (around 300 USD for a nice pair), move internals to the halogen lights (projectors, shrouds, bowls if needed)? It seems only difference in headlight housings is drilled hole for additional wiring.

I have also bought new halogen euro LCM for v4.5 upgrade (with halogen adjustments), which I want to wire to new headlights (4 wires to each headlight corrector motor <-> LCM). Will manual adjustment work with retrofitted projectors\shrouds, or I am forced to rebuild using OEM bi-xenon?

Car is US spec halogen (so no manual adjustment\bi-xenon wiring).

Thanks!
I say retrofit. You get more for your money.
I would guess that the adjustment moves the entire bowl vs just the projector but I can't give you an exact answer for that

·
Registered
191 Posts
I still can't find any information on LED H7 replacement globes to upgrade standard halogen headlights????
Surely people have tried H7 LED globes! I have tries 3 sets from Ebay and they all work ok, but flicker a bit and throw errors!!
Anyone found H7 LEDs that work ok and don't flicker or throw errors?
Cheers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I still can't find any information on LED H7 replacement globes to upgrade standard halogen headlights????
Surely people have tried H7 LED globes! I have tries 3 sets from Ebay and they all work ok, but flicker a bit and throw errors!!
Anyone found H7 LEDs that work ok and don't flicker or throw errors?
Cheers.

Sorry about the duplicate. Don't know how to delete this message! lol

261 - 280 of 286 Posts