BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1191 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
While price isn't to be a factor ... Tischer just dropped the price on the BMW Performance Intake ... $315 now

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
OEM performance.

millions of dollars at their disposal for R&D. i'm sure it's beautifully designed, works great and provides a result.

·
Registered
543 Posts
While price isn't to be a factor ... Tischer just dropped the price on the BMW Performance Intake ... $315 now

Sweet!!! Guess what Im buying tonight. The carbon strut brace in now $295 as well. Damnit!!! I thought I got a good deal for $350 over the summer.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sweet!!! Guess what Im buying tonight. The carbon strut brace in now $295 as well. Damnit!!! I thought I got a good deal for $350 over the summer.
Wow.. That's quite a price drop. They used to be $1k!!! I guess BMW has to move them as the e46 ages... Fortuitous for all!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
543 Posts
^^ Yep. I figure it will be just a matter of time since no sane person will pay full price. Unless you're a baller of course.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM performance.

millions of dollars at their disposal for R&D. i'm sure it's beautifully designed, works great and provides a result.
That's what I'm thinking, if anyone can get power out of the engine it's them, since they built it....

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
OEM BMW Performance

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up just ordering the BMW Performance Intake & CF Strut Bar, engine bay should look badass :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
can I get a link to the bmw performance intake? Would that be my stock intake?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can I get a link to the bmw performance intake? Would that be my stock intake?
No, it wasn't stock on any car, and for the longest it retailed around $995 dollars, you can get it for just above $300 which rivals a lot of the other aftermarket CAI applications. I figured I loved the look and that if anyone could get power out of one of the engine with one it's BMW since they made it.

I got it from Faulkner BMW / BMWPartsSource.com
http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796407

It looks like this:

Get some pictures when you get a chance... I would love to see all that ;)
I'll definitely be posting pics when I get them on :D:thumbsup:
It would look even better with my Auroras though... :eeps:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
$275 all this month at bmwmercedesparts.com aka Husker Auto Group. This month they are featuring employee pricing for all...10% above cost :thumbsup:

Time to load up on genuine parts for my projects :thumbsup:

Can someone take pics of the inside of that airbox. What is the difference between it and stock? I cannot tell much from the outside.

Does the regular air filter fit it? What is the filter element it uses. I only see pics of the outside everywhere. :(

EDIT: realoem pics don't do justice!

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$275 all this month at bmwmercedesparts.com aka Husker Auto Group. This month they are featuring employee pricing for all...10% above cost :thumbsup:

Time to load up on genuine parts for my projects :thumbsup:

Can someone take pics of the inside of that airbox. What is the difference between it and stock? I cannot tell much from the outside.

Does the regular air filter fit it? What is the filter element it uses. I only see pics of the outside everywhere. :(
I'll post pics when I get it, oh and Faulkner does 10% above cost all of the time.

P.S. I've seen it compared to the Dinan box but I'm not sure if that's accurate, you can definitely see an additional inlet for air and at a retail of $1000 I'm sure it has to differ significantly from the stock box.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone know if the BMW performance strut brace will fit the e46 m3?
I've heard it won't because of the lower profile, if you look at an M3 bar you'll notice the middle is significantly higher than the ends, I'm assuming that's to clear the engine and accommodate the power dome.

1 - 20 of 1191 Posts