BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Duralast 49DL here. I replaced my OEM one in 08/2007(~$90). It was replaced under warranty in 2008, good to know I have other options nowdays. thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i have the duralast 49DL in my 01 330i. been in there for at least 3-4 years now, still cranks like a beast!
The Duralast 49DL I got was a piece of crap. It died a month after the free replacement period. Never had a battery died so quick before. They did offer to pro-rate a new replacement battery for me but the price had went up to like $90 from the $70 I bought it a few years back.

Even after the pro-rate offer, it was still almost $50, said screw it and ran across the Wally world 94R battery thread, it was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I've had the same battery for 1.5 years and it has been working great.
I think my battery is the original in the car...8 years strong and even though my battery shows a green indicator I'm pretty certain I may need to replace it soon.

I'm just surprised they don't come in a pack of 4.
:rofl:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
49DL here. Been working great for me. I wanted the better CCA for the winter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I typically buy my batteries from Autozone and get the Duralast Gold which I've been very happy with.
I will say that although I do not believe in shopping at Walmart for a variety of reasons, they do have a good battery policy. I bought a car with a Wally World battery that had gone bad. I however did not have the receipt for it. The manager said bring it in, and he looked up a code which told him it was less than 3 years old(from the manufacturer), so he gave me a replacement without any charge.
Take that for what it is worth.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I'm still on the original battery. Just over 8 years now. Still starts like new.

But a 94RN from walmart (the white one if I can find it) sounds like the way to go when it kicks it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Everlast Maxx 94R went in my 05 M3 Vert today. The old 94R from NAPA went in 9/07, so the OEM only lasted 18 months. So much for BMW battery quality.

My car doesn't have 30,000 miles on it and sitting around in Az heat is not good for a battery, no matter who makes it.

10 mm socket on a 1/4 mm ratchet was all it took. Loosen - post and remove. Loosen positive post and remove after remove plastic cover. Loosen either with large phillips or 10 mm the long bolt that tightens the metal hold down clamp. Pull vent. Remove battery. Replace battery. Reinstall old vent line in hole middle of the top of the front side of the battery (front is the cars front). Reattach pos terminal and tighten. Replace plastic cover. reattach - terminal and tighten. Reattach cover by lifting spare tire cover/trunk bottom and slipping cover in and sliding it into the right rear corner of the trunk Close trunk. Go to the fridge and grab a beer for a job well done.

Perry

·
/// Limitless
3,505 Posts
According to the ETK (Electronik), which is BMW's electronic parts catalog, the OEM battery is made for BMW by Exide. When ordered by BMW as a replacement you receive an Exide battery. This is likely the direct OEM relacement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put a Wally world batt in the wifes 325 a while ago when her alty went. Still had the stock batt I believe at the time (9.5 years old).

Anyway, went with the Wally World Batt, then a month later it was dead again. Turned out to be the alty I had put in was bad. Got another alty, also took the first batt back to WalMart, explained that I don't know if the batt's bad or not, but wanted to replace just in case. No problems. They gave me a new one and I put that in when I put in the second alternator.

All has been fine ever since. WalMart batt cranks like crazy and was great thru the winter. Again, I swapped mine out but my issue was due to alty, not the batt. Wal Mart still exchanged it no questions or problems.

[edit]lkorban, that doesn't sound like a battery problem then. Have you checked your voltage to see if your alternators working properly?[/edit]

-DPF

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Where did you see the Walmart 94RN in white?

I bought a battery from Wally World too for the same price. They had 94RN's but it fit and the vent tube fit totally fine.

I was at another Walmart and found a white version of the battery too with the same model #. It even had the health indicator eye just like on the OEM white battery.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Replaced mine from wallmart been going strong for 3 months now. They had a white one too but I looked at the back of the battery and the manufacture date was a year and a half older than the everstart max one. I bought the newly manufactured black one. The white one was sitting on the shelf for a year and a half... Love wally world can't beat their prices on anything!:woot:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Love wally world can't beat their prices on anything!:woot:
Believe me when I say price is not everything. Walmart is not a place you should do business with solely based on price. Sure you may save a few dollars here and there, but there is a price our society pays for always trying to save a buck. I stopped doing most business with Walmart when they joined a lawsuit supporting a Chinese glass manufacturer over an American Glass company, all because they would not knuckle under to Walmart's coercion and intimidation tactics. That is but one of many instances where Walmart has attempted to force American businesses to close here in America and move overseas for cheap labor, just so they can bring products back over here at cheaper prices.

21 - 40 of 692 Posts