E46 Fanatics Forum banner
441 - 446 of 446 Posts

· /// Limitless
2002 330Ci
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
All images restored to the content!

It's taken a while. This is the second time I've had to re-attach the pictures to the thread because the owner moved the site to a new platform. Instead of hosting the pictures on the site, which I thought would have eliminated ghosted images I should have hosted them myself but here we are again.

• Love
Reactions: VpointVick

· Registered
41 Posts
Blue Automotive tire Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Gas

This is an amazing thread. I'm about 3/4 of the way through this, putting a b30 with 6-speed into my 325xi wagon. The one part I'm stuck on is getting power and ground to the clutch switch. I think the pictures might be missing as there is weird spacing in post 21 (page 2) where I think this is covered. I do see it's mentioned to take power and ground from the brake pedal switch, but are we just using a quick tap here?

Lastly, when I removed the auto trans harness, I was left with one blue connector that I assume goes to the body. I'm planning to cannibalize this connector for wires with pins for the DME and EWS. If someone can confirm that this blue connector that is left is unused, it could be a good resource for everyone.

Also, do you still need the wire to EWS if you're doing an EWS-delete ECU? Logically I would think no, but EWS delete could only delete one aspect of EWS and I'm wondering if that wire to EWS may still be needed.

· Super Moderator
3,127 Posts
When I did my E39 manual swap, I was able to find the wiring diagram for the (now obsolete) auto shifter harness.. In the auto shifter harness there was a power wire of appropriate amperage AND a wire that went to the DME.

So I extended the auto harness 12v power wire and the DME wire to the clutch switch, and re-pinned the DME wire at the DME connector for the clutch switch..maybe you can do something similar.

As for ground, I think I found a decent ground near the pedal/switch..but there is likely a wire in the auto shifter for that as well.

· Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT 2004 M3 6MT
1,337 Posts
This is an amazing thread. I'm about 3/4 of the way through this, putting a b30 with 6-speed into my 325xi wagon. The one part I'm stuck on is getting power and ground to the clutch switch. I think the pictures might be missing as there is weird spacing in post 21 (page 2) where I think this is covered. I do see it's mentioned to take power and ground from the brake pedal switch, but are we just using a quick tap here?

Lastly, when I removed the auto trans harness, I was left with one blue connector that I assume goes to the body. I'm planning to cannibalize this connector for wires with pins for the DME and EWS. If someone can confirm that this blue connector that is left is unused, it could be a good resource for everyone.

Also, do you still need the wire to EWS if you're doing an EWS-delete ECU? Logically I would think no, but EWS delete could only delete one aspect of EWS and I'm wondering if that wire to EWS may still be needed.

I made a mini harness from the brake switch connector to the clutch switch wires.

see this post

Reactions: Alpinerunner
441 - 446 of 446 Posts