E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,939 Posts
Hey Titianium Cranium ! Thanks so much for the write up.
I'm getting mine done soon, 5speed auto to 6speed manual ZF.

Do you still have the Excel spreadsheet of parts by chance?

Love your work mate! Awesome.
TIA
I'm not sure how often he's here anymore, but let me check when I get home and see if I still have mine.

· Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,939 Posts
bump. Anyone know what the PN is for the grommet in the center console where the shifter cable was?
Do you know the hole diameter? I found 07147140849, which is 35mm, in a DIY for E39 manual swap but nothing for E46. Seems like it should be the same but I can't confirm.

There's a 5MT car at the wrecking yard near me currently, it would be nice to go grab it but I'm not going to have time for a minute.

· Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,939 Posts
Just looked up my order list from when i did my manual swap, and it same part number and diameter

Thanks for the confirmation dude!

· Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,939 Posts
Google Sheets - ManualConversionPartsList

I hadn't been following since the new fanatics site broke all or the majority of my linked photos from the document BUT the above google sheet is a copy of the one I made to track my expenses and parts requirements. Everyone should have view permissions. LMK if I need to tweak it a bit. (edit - included more info)
It's come up a few times - did you plug the hole that the auto shifter cable passed through? Do you remember with what?
I did some digging around and have bought and am hoping that it's right 7147140849, which is a 35mm flat plug.

· Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,939 Posts
Hi, im currently installing a full E46 M3 power train (engine, trans, rear axle, rear diff, cluster) in to my 2000 E46 328 wagon. Kassel performance did the ECU coding and cluster, so im worndering if i need to perform the mirror dip wiring. Do you have any idea?
Thks in advance
You're using the wagon's harness?
Then yes, you'll need to add the wire going to the cluster to get PDC and mirror dip working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts