BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ninja edit
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I just hooked up some oem xenon lights on my friends bmw 330 sedan. I was wondering if everyones driver's side bulb is brighter?? His drivers side bulb just seems brighter than his passenger side... is this normal, or just the bulb?? Also, what is a good heigh to adjust the xenons to?? I dont want it to high to blind peple or too low where its useless... anyone got a pic of how high its suppose to be? thanks in advanced!

Will-:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
The bulb might just be a problem with the other bulb. they should light the same. as far as measuring you can't take a pic of that. you have to stand at night in the street and measure 5ft in front of something, i can't remember at the top of my head but you can search for it on the internet and you can find it very easily.

·
ninja edit
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input!! anyone else?? I dont want my light shining too much and I dont want it shining too little!!

Will-

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,408 Posts
BMW had installed a newer Xenon on the left side of my car, thus making my left Xenon whiter than the right Xenon, which is more purple. I think the newer Xenons use a brighter bulb, which may be the case in yours...

·
ninja edit
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u think swapping some new bulbs in will help?? Oh btw, how much do 6000k bulbs cost? and anyone got some pics?? I searched but nothing I wanted to see... How well does the 6000k bulbs light the floor?? Thakns again, and any pics will help lots

Will-

·
ninja edit
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
e46boy, your car is :thumbup:

Those 6000k's look good, I just need something that will be whiter than the stock 4300k's. For the first few seconds when they light up, they look crazy!! but few seconds later they turn to the dull yellow color :(

Will-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts