BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my software on my OEM Sat/Nav Mark III, to the lastest version.

Very easily, used this site if anyone is interested

http://www.bmwnav.com/software.htm (

Please read carefully! You can damage unit if not done right!)

Anyway, does anyone know how to use TMC function the Nav, I know it should be set to Classic FM (here in the UK), but I can only get to where you change the TP settings not the TMC one.

At the bottom of my Nav it has TMC in red, but I hear this should be green, when everything is working properly.

Anyone know how to use this function...

Thanks

Durgesh

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you sure you are using a TMC enabled map cd?

The 'standard' maps you will have got with your car does not have TMC embeded, only the 7 series cars had TMC enabled maps by default.

I upgraded the software in mine then managed to obtain a TMC enabled map - system works fine.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gfeiner said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what does TMC mean?
Ok someone correct me if I am not 100& right.

TMC is a feature that works in conjuction with NAV, its use's radio to pick up transmission of traffic messages (in a special format) and in turn converts these into the something that the nav can understand, thereby allowing it to route you around the traffic automatically when choosing a route for you.

Durgesh

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think it stands for traffic management control or similar.

On mine it shows little road signs on the on screen map indicating delays and crashes etc. Reduced traffic flows are indicated with little chevrons (>>>) with the number indicating the severity of the delay and direction of affected traffic flow.

When the satnav is in use and you have a route programmed in, alternative routes are offered if you encounter a delay/road closure and the system announces of impending trouble. "...accident 17 miles ahead".

I'll post some pics when I can.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Software update and TMC enabled CD (see my earlier post)

Since yours shows TMC in red you have the right software update so it can only be your map cd/dvd which is at fault.

Are you sure yours is definately a TMC enabled cd/dvd?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bobf said:
Look here and you'll see there are cds with and without TMC enabled

VDO Dayton

You'll find them on Ebay too!
Oh... sorry yeah... i am getting TMC enabled CD this weeked :thumbup:

Thanks

Durgesh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts