E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen some real nice looking replica wheels on ebay and was just wondering what everyones thoughts/feelings/experiences/HORROR STORIES...etc are concerning these deals. I'm an avid user of ebay and I'm aware there is alot of junk on there to weed through....but are they ALL junk? Couldnt find any other threads on this. So fire away! :argue:

And thanks in advance for all the input :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
get wheels from a forum sponser

almost all the csl wheels you see will be replicas. my wheels are vmr vb3 csl reps

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
i wouldn't mess with replicas. They are never made to BMW's standards.

Check out ECS Tuning.. they bought up some really awesome closeout rims from BMW that are as cheap as the chinese knockoffs for a set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm actually looking for 19" (staggered or not) style 67s in matte black or possibly hyper black? didnt see on ECS

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a set of staggered rep 67's that I have been rather pleased with overall. I did swap one of the new rims for a warranty replacement right off the bat, but it was a somewhat painless process.

Recently I hit a pair of twin potholes which bent both fronts. Since the ebay seller no longer produces my exact wheel (4 years after original purchase) I had to pay for repair instead of replacement. That's the risk you take. At least with genuine OEM wheels you know there are some out there and will have no doubt about matching up replacements.

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
even oem wheels are susseptable to pot holes.

my father destroyed an oem 16" rim on his '07 328xi not long after getting it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts