E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've searched and searched but found nothing on this topic. I have a 2006 330Ci convertible with the OEM radio/cd/nav. I bought the car about 2 weeks ago. This is my first BMW.

According to vin decoder I have:

S550A On-board computer
S609A Navigation system Professional
S640A Preparation f tel.installation universal
S645A BMW US Radio
S650A CD player
S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
S692A Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus

Questions:

CD volume is way lower than FM radio. I see all kinds of posts regarding Aux volume being low (I haven't hooked up an Aux cable yet) but nothing about CD. Is there a way to adjust this?

Sound quality in general is not what I would expect from a professional Harmon Kardon System. Maybe this is just due to the fact that the car is 11 years old, but I really have to turn the volume up a great deal to get reasonable volume even with the top up. Once I do get the volume up the quality of the audio doesn't seem to be that great. I have the sub woofer in the trunk but I would have never known it was there if I hadn't seen it.

Is it possible that someone could have previously removed a component from the system (amp or something) that is degrading the audio quality and volume?

Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I've lately been thinking the same thing regarding the FM being over-boosted. Now that I have an AUX cable hooked up the FM is the odd man out being louder than both AUX and CD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.