BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first bought my car I didn't have enough money for the navigation system, but now I definetely want one, and my question is should I go OEM or aftermarket like Alpine?

If I go OEM, I'll most likely not be installing it on my own and take it directly to the BMW dealer, which I know will cost a lot of $$. If I go aftermarket, I'm gonna get it from like Best Buy or something and have them install it there. What are the pros and cons for those of you who have experienced both or even one of them?

Is it hard to do the OEM navigation DIY? I might consider doing it if it's not hard...it depends. Lemmme know!:dunno:

·
Registered
78 Posts
if your looking to play dvds and stuff dont get oem because the kits like nav-tv are expensive as hell but i think oem looks a lot better then a pop out navi

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
oem looks cleaner, but you can always custom make your own screen to fit in your dash like a lot of memebers have done.

now aftermarket pros is that you can add tv, dvd, and all that really easily. but with oem you have to dish out alot more.

Oem navi retrofit is gonna run you around 3800. (2000 for labor). and the top of the line navi wont go over 2000 installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts