E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the tremendous amount of work involved. I think I want to put in the OEM Nav into my 2005 330i ZHP.

I have found numerous DIY for it. But, i can't find a good and accurate part list for the project. I wanted to buy the parts on ebay separately and save some cash (plus I can use that Microsoft live cash back thing). But I dont even have part numbers for a lot of it.

Anyone know where I can get CORRECT P/Ns. I have found posts but when i look the p/ns up they don't exist.

Second, I don't have a garage. I don't have access to one either. I am asking for trouble trying to do this in my buildings parking lot?

Last, anyone in the Philadelphia or NYC/long island area done this before or interested in helping me? I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nav retrofit thoughts

I am in the middle of doing my 323i and it is not really that difficult. You basically have to pull the driver's seat, pull the door sill molding and a couple of fasteners and pull up the carpet to run the retrofit harness. Pulling the business CD and climate control and center console pieces really is not hard at all either.

As far as doing this outside - you could but you would have to unbolt the seatbelt from the driver's seat, which I found to be a pain so I just left it attached and set the seat aside while still connected.

All of this just takes time and look on the posts for info...Technic posted an EXCELLENT write up here that helped me a ton. Part number for everything you need kind of depends on what you want in your car - if you want the 16:9 with the MKIV, just look on REALOEM.com for your model.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.