E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed this last night. It was very easy!

I searched on the forums for the retrofit harness, but all the part numbers were discontinued.

Just to clear up confusion, the part number for the retrofit harness is:

This makes the installation simple! 2 Its all plug and play.

GetBMWParts.com has a great price on it at $220!!!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.

Also if anyone is local to me, I can do the coding for this retrofit as well for way less than the dealership charges.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know this is an old post, but thank you for the Harness part number, I looked for it for a while. I was able to get a MK4, Monitor and BM53 from an 06 M3 and the wiring harness that came with it was not the retrofit but a full one with all speaker wires. I almost decided to sell all of them thinking the harness will cost a lot more but got it from getbmwparts for cheap thanks.

Did you do the retrofit, how hard was it, mine is 06 330ci

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the old post need help if you can help. THANKS

Sorry for the old post need help if you can help. THANKS

What else parts did you have to buy in order to do the whole retrofit for the car? The retrofit wire harness (PN: 61-12-0-309-250), Holder (aka HVAC relocation) (PN: 51-16-7-001-410), GPS serial (PN: 65-90-8-374-297) and GPS serial cable (PN: 61-12-8-374-688)? Also does it matter if its for a coupe or convertible for the retrofit wire harness? I just recently purchased a 2003 bmw e46 m3 convertible and wanted to install the mk4, radio tuner, navi and cd changer installed on the car. I have all the components but didnt order the retrofit wire harness or hvac re-locator or the gps cable or gps antenna. Are those the right parts I would need for my vert install? Thanks Ronny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts