BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it is possible and how easy to convert OEM navigation back to single din business cd unit is possible?

I have a 2004 330Ci that comes with OEM navigation with bad display(bad pixel)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just created an account and this is my first post as I am about to embark on the same conversion and I too am looking for some guidance. So far I have found out that it IS possible but you need to get the complete audio harness from a business cd car and swap it. Aside from that I am not sure and would love to get some more info on the topic. I just bought a harness and business radio for my swap but I'm trying to get more info before I start hacking my car up. Anyone out there done this?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Why not replace the LCD screen in the nav head unit? It isn't that difficult. Regardless what you choose, I would suggest buying and installing the BlueBus Bluetooth kit.

https://www.bluebus.dev/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to swap because I don't like how dated the interface is on the Nav and I get all navigational needs from my phone. Additional benefits are in weight reduction as the Navi unit weighs like 50lbs in total with cd changer etc in the trunk. I also like the simplicity of the factory radio. Thanks for the link to the Bluetooth chip***8212;that looks dope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts