BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have 2002 Widescreen OEM Nav unit and an iPod. Was looking install the iPod, like many of you have done with the Belkin Adaptor in the Euro Tray.

I was looking to drop the AUX inputs into the Glove box, and connecting the Audio from there to the Belkin Adaptor, but I dont want the Cig Ligther Adaptor showing, can this be taken apart and powered from somewhere else, and if so, where? Is the Belkin Adaptor cable long enough for this to be done? And if not how do you go around this problem?

As I have the Nav, when connecting the AUX, I am going to have a blank black screen when the AV input is connected to ipod with music playing.

Was thinking of installing a video camera low down on the front of my car and connecting this, just as an effect. What do you guys think?? Recommend any good small camera's I could use?

Thanks for all your help guys in advance..

Durgesh

London, UK

·
Registered
490 Posts
Buy the cigarette lighter plug adaptor from BMW. It plugs into your flashlight socket and has a cigarette lighter plug at the other end. Plug the Belkin adaptor into that. I have the ipod in the euro tray and the belkin adaptor is underneath it in the center console. I ran the cigarette light plug wire from the glove box to the belkin adaptor. It reaches but barely.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help guys,

Just waiting for my AV connection, and TV 'unlock' stuff. Will post picts once I have finished the install.

Thanks for the input regarding the camera, but I looked the Panasonic up, its a full Hand Video Camera, I just need a simple Video Camera with a video lead to plug into the AUX (Video Connection) A bit like the parking ones you get, but better frame rate etc.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goto

http://www.soundlinx.co.uk/

Type BMW into the top left Product Search.

I will be using the two following things:

Part Number: BMW01TV
BMW TV 'On-The-Move' Interface

Part Number: BMW01VIDMK2
BMW 3/5 & NEW R/ROVER ENHANCED A/V IN/OUTPUT INTERFACE

Hope this helps... I think there is a link to the US dealer somewhere on the site as well have a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts