BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coupe with a Business CD Headunit and HK system fitted it has the Speaker button in switch console.

I have been advised that in order to successfully complete the nav retrofit i will need a 5m FAKRA cable to run alongside the BMW Retrofit Wiring Harness.

Is this correct? can anyone who has done the retrofit on a car with the HK system offer me some help?

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump,

No one on here done the nav retrofit on a car with factory installed HK??

All help appreciated guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Did you Google e46 nav retrofit and read the first 5 responses? There are dozens of photo DIYs with parts lists.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for being so helpful.

I read loads of these DIYs and haven't found one that relates to a car with HK Audio Upgrade using the retrofit harness
The few that are online and refer to cars with HK replace the entire audio harness something I don't really want to do.

So if you don't know the answer to the original question or have nothing useful to add go and post elsewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jesus!

If you 2 have a retrofit guide where someone has added the nav system to a car with factory installed HK audio upgrade please post a link.

As said above I have no reference to this other than people replacing the entire audio loom.

I'm all ears gents.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Your HK system will require the exact same level of equipment, harnesses, parts and trim removal as a non-HK car. The installation is identical.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have done a nav retrofit while having H/K and can confirm that i just bought the default cable loom available from dealer/ebay for instance.

Note: Aeally like the upgrade, looks nice! (just some motivation, you'll need it ;) )

EDIT: And also have a coupe. The best model :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts