BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mileage ECU in almost perfect condition. As most of you know by now, I totaled my car and have a few extra parts laying around. The bimmers store the mileage for our cars in 3 places, making it very difficult to tamper with the mileage.

One place is in the main ECU, another in the instrument cluster and the last in the ECU behind the light switch. I have the entire switch assembly available.

Part Number is 61-316-907-952
Lists for $270 wholesales for $215.20

I will sell it for $140

Here is a picture of just the switch. I have not taken a picture of the ECU yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had 36K miles on my car. I belive that a dealer or friend at a dealer can reset it to whatever you want.

Amir: are you sure it is 2 places and not 3?

if anyone else has any info on this please let us know

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
I think it's in two places as well...might have read that somewhere but can't remember where.

As for someone resetting it, isn't that ILLEGAL?.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
no it is not illegal to reset it
it is illegal to misrepresent the mileage

it is up to the buyt to do whatever they like with this part

i do not claim any responsibility for what they choose to do with it

if you purchase this part new you will need to get it reset at a dealer to match your mileage and vin

this is what they do with the main ECU and instrument cluster

·
Registered
690 Posts
one more thing guys. if i currently don't have fogs, would it be possible to wire fogs to this switch? and how difficult would it be?
thanks

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Speed Racer said:
I had 36K miles on my car. I belive that a dealer or friend at a dealer can reset it to whatever you want.

Amir: are you sure it is 2 places and not 3?

if anyone else has any info on this please let us know
I'm 100% sure...I had a picture I took of the Bentley manual showing the redudant storage feature....which shows that the milage is stored in the cluster and the memory module in the light switch

·
• DFW •
2,743 Posts
so this is the US Spec switch, not the switch with the euro rear fogs feature right??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes this ECU came from a US spec 01 330Ci fully loaded except Nav

1 - 14 of 14 Posts