BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is not a :repost: I have done a search but can't find anything on it. Only found replica ones from kensu.

Does anyone know how much oem M3 side mirrors cost? I asked Circle BMW but received no responses. I got a quote from a dealership and it was $1500 US, painted and installed.
Someone also mentioned in previous posts that the M3 mirror doesn't fit on a 2004? I don't think this is true.
:dunno:

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is different versions of the mirrors... some are "foldable" (hope that is the right word) and some are not.

In Germany the price is almost around 1000 Euros painted and with all features. The install is also taking some time, so if you have it done by BMW they will charge you additional money, meaning you could end up at $1500.

I got mine from eBay, ready painted for about $500 and installed them myself.

I heard that there is problems with the 2004 model, because they changed something in the wiring. The "old" model did have own wires for controling the mirrors in every direction, now they use some kind of bus system. You should better watch out that you don't get them and they might not work, a couple of people had these problems.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think that 04's have ribbon connectors, versus the 00-03 with just wires. But i dont this for a fact, i hear about it alot. And oh, yeah without modification, the mirrors wont be plug and play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts