Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Sell it to me...

Votes: 12 34.3%
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,729 Posts
i think you are pretty much there. you will need to slightly oval out the hole where the bolt goes into the top fender rail. you will not see this, the bolt and washer cover this. just use a "rats tail" file. i would stick with this, because it really looks so nice on your car, especially with the real M3 mirrors. if you do give up, just take it to a pro. my shop guys worked wonders by the front nose hold downs that made it sit perfect compared to looking ok. it really is an art that is learned by experience. the part of the fender by the door i know what you are talking about. you will need to fine tune this. one last thing is you can move the whole headlamp housing some(think three bolts). this can make things look cleaner and flush.

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i think you are pretty much there. you will need to slightly oval out the hole where the bolt goes into the top fender rail. you will not see this, the bolt and washer cover this. just use a "rats tail" file. i would stick with this, because it really looks so nice on your car, especially with the real M3 mirrors. if you do give up, just take it to a pro. my shop guys worked wonders by the front nose hold downs that made it sit perfect compared to looking ok. it really is an art that is learned by experience. the part of the fender by the door i know what you are talking about. you will need to fine tune this. one last thing is you can move the whole headlamp housing some(think three bolts). this can make things look cleaner and flush.
thanks, yeah...I think I'll end up having to take it to a shop to get the front part to my liking (by the headlights)

thank you very much :bow:

What's the latest? You working on it now?
yeah, I'm working on it. And I think I figured it out for the most part. I will still have a SLIGHT gap my the fender and the door but it wasnt nearly as bad as I first thought.... I decided to just narrow the gap between the hood and fender a little bit (ie, push more in the front, pull less in the back). from my mock up it looks like it should work fairly well. I'm hoping to have this thing done tonight, I'm still just kind of dinking around with it seeing if I can find the best way to make it work and look as close to OEM as possible...

Sell it to me :eeps:
lol....get in line :rofl:

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks....

but I think I am going to go get a dremel just so i have it....

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,729 Posts
Thanks....

but I think I am going to go get a dremel just so i have it....
off topic but if you plan on buying a Dremel and think you might use it often. get a kit with plenty of attachments. they are much cheaper this way as they are real expensive by themselves.

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
better yet give it to me :D

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:confused:

off topic but if you plan on buying a Dremel and think you might use it often. get a kit with plenty of attachments. they are much cheaper this way as they are real expensive by themselves.
yeah, I just got the basic one with several (55) different bits...

I dont think I will use it that often cause I have a **** load of tools as is, this is the first time I have ever really found myself the need for one...

better yet give it to me :D
:rofl:

riiiight

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just to let you all know... that it is one and I am satisfied (for the most part) with the results....

I still have a few small things to take care of, but it is on :woot:

I would just like to thank everyone for their help and their support.

Expect to see a new thread in the showroom section a little later on...(maybe a couple pics tonight and then several more tomorrow :)

you guys rock :bow:

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well since I finally got it fitted, why not take some updated pics... :)

Let me know what you think....

and yes, the next mod planned is a drop....

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,373 Posts
looks good
makes me wanna get one too

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
lookin good man
thanks... :)

I think I might still need to get the stock M3 shocks.... even though mine are really warn, they might still be too strong :dunno: not sure though

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
looks good
makes me wanna get one too
do it :)

honestly...looking back at it...

its one of the easiest mods to do... it just takes a LOT of time to get things just right....

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,373 Posts
do it :)

honestly...looking back at it...

its one of the easiest mods to do... it just takes a LOT of time to get things just right....
I think my biggest concern would be wth I would do with my original hood

21 - 40 of 100 Posts