BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey- in adendum to my other stereo post, as I mentioned, I'm looking to build an MDF / fiberglass enclosure to fit into either corner (preferably left, but right is ok too) for a single 10 or 12 boston pro sub...

Ideally I'd like a sealed enclosure, though I've heard of alot of guys building boxes in which the driver fires down-and-in, and the box actually has a slot-port facing into the trunk sideways (towards passenger side).

has anyone used, seen or best, BUILT anything like the above? If so would you be kind enough to supply (or sell me) blueprints? I've got alot of experience with fiberglass and with custom installs- I used to make door pods out of pour-foam and fiberglass... I'm trying to maintain as factory a look as possible- so don't be misled, the fiberglass is NOT for a trick looking install- I want low-key, matching carpet- very unobtrusive looking, just something to fit as best as possible without forgoing alot of trunk room- also soemthing that will sound nice and tight, which is why the sealed box is my favorite idea- I don't mind if the sub is visible (which I think it would have to be if it was a sealed box- it would have to fire into the trunk, unless someone has a mind-blowing install idea)

Anyhow- PLEASE- post away- LET 'ER RIP - I want your ideas and thoughts on this... Also, please share your ideas with the factory head unit + amp idea... see my other post

THANKS!

scud:thumbup:

·
Registered
499 Posts
well you can try what I did....I jsut fiberglassed my sub to the side of the truck...above the battery. Check my sig. Mines not really done, but works for now....Mine looks custom, but you could make yours run with the lines of the trunk and make it look OEM. PM me if you want any info.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had the same vision. Oem looks. Here is my project. For now the amp is connected to a line converter that uses my sp outputs. I have used the cd changer wire and modify it into a sub level control wich is hidden in the sunglass box (underneath the climate control. The amp was ready to receive that option.Here are few pics of my installation. Most commun comments are that it looks factory and i still have some room in the trunk.

I will post more pics very soon. Good luck with your project. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts