BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know where i can get an OEM front hood for cheap?

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
OEM....cheap.... :dunno:

·
Registered
440 Posts
e-mail me. i have an 06 325ci hood collecting dust. its a facelift, but in hundreds of threads people say its same fitment. so e-mail me and well work something out.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
e-mail me. i have an 06 325ci hood collecting dust. its a facelift, but in hundreds of threads people say its same fitment. so e-mail me and well work something out.
i have seen pics of this where it was certainly NOT the case... just a heads up for the OP

·
Registered
440 Posts
its not the case ONLY when you put a prefacelift to a facelift, but going the other way around works wonders :-D. i dont need to sell it, im just trying to help

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
are you certain? The new facelifted vorsteiner hood fit really poorly in the front on a prefacelifted coupe. The facelifted hoods are like 2 inches longer.... or so i have been told :dunno:

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
are you certain? The new facelifted vorsteiner hood fit really poorly in the front on a prefacelifted coupe. The facelifted hoods are like 2 inches longer.... or so i have been told :dunno:
they arent longer, dimension wise the fl and the pre fl hoods are the same, however, the only difference is that towards the kidney grilles, the edges of the hood are more steep on the prefacelift as compared to the more angled line of the facelift, so thus if u put a facelift hood on a prefacelift, there will be a ugly gap where the lines differ

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
they arent longer, dimension wise the fl and the pre fl hoods are the same, however, the only difference is that towards the kidney grilles, the edges of the hood are more steep on the prefacelift as compared to the more angled line of the facelift, so thus if u put a facelift hood on a prefacelift, there will be a ugly gap where the lines differ
ahh exactly... its like a 2 inch gap :thumbdwn: that is what prevented me from getting the new vorsteiner facelifted hood

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
exactly, it will fit, but it will just stick out at the kidneys, I think a painted one would look good on a pre-facelifted coupe, but to me the narrower hood bulge of the pre-facelifted coupes is more classic BMW and the wider angled facelifted hood is more modern BMW and if those are the only two categories, then the pre-facelifted coupe definitely falls in the classic section and I would try to leave it there, perhaps that's why they never facelifted the ///M???

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
so i was wrong, sorry :tsk: . but all i was doing was trying to help. i was in no means trying to make some money on you. but i hope everything turns out ok. good luck

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
so i was wrong, sorry :tsk: . but all i was doing was trying to help. i was in no means trying to make some money on you. but i hope everything turns out ok. good luck
we werent trying to condem you for being wrong, we are just trying to show you that it doesnt fit bro, dont take offense to it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Its too bad for that small gap. It looks really good from the front. I wonder if it can be modified slightly to fit?

To the original poster: Answer to your question is JUNKYARD.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Its too bad for that small gap. It looks really good from the front. I wonder if it can be modified slightly to fit?

To the original poster: Answer to your question is JUNKYARD.
only way u can get htat to fit would be to get facelift headlights and fenders LOL other than that, no

1 - 20 of 21 Posts