BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
O.D.
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there oem replacement cross-drilled rotors available? or do i have to go to an aftermarket company?

·
O.D.
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm,

well thats what i figured at first....BUT a bbk is expensive, and i live in michigan, the winters suck. BTW, how would cross drilled rotors and BBK's handle/react to cold/snowy weather?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Re: hm,

325i-Vizon said:
well thats what i figured at first....BUT a bbk is expensive, and i live in michigan, the winters suck. BTW, how would cross drilled rotors and BBK's handle/react to cold/snowy weather?
You don't have to get the Brembo BBK just to get cross-drilled rotor replacements...I'm going to get just regular Brembo cross-drilled replacements for my rear OEM brakes :)

·
Banned
1,138 Posts
Call up BMPD.com They should have some. Zimmermans I think make some as well.

·
name's PHIL
6,078 Posts
where

is a good place to get just regular brembo cross-drilled replacement rotors...........wish i could get the BBK, seems pretty $$$$

:flipoff: goes out to all the people getting the BBK, just cause i cant afford it

·
I know all about that...
2,215 Posts
digitalgm said:
What about the EURO rotors for the M?

AdamR

Those won't fit his car. I recommend getting Brembo vs. Zimmerman, I believe the look of Brembos rotors is better(larger holes). In a few days I'll post pics of my little project which will help you make up your mind. :eeps:

·
Registered
507 Posts
PoPo said:
Does Brembo make x-drilled replacementd for 330s? I can't seem to find them on their site. :dunno:
For some reason the 330 must be an odd size, or a size not shared by other models. When I looked a few months back, the only non-bbk that was available was Brembo's and the prices I got were around 600 for all 4 rotors. I was going to replace my pads with Axis pads and do the rotors while I was at it, but that's way too much for something that's purely cosmetic. I believe that there was some firm selling oem's that were drilled but I'm not sure about the merits of that. There is also a firm which sells cryogenically frozen rotors for about the same money as Brembos.

·
I know all about that...
2,215 Posts
Jano said:

For some reason the 330 must be an odd size, or a size not shared by other models. When I looked a few months back, the only non-bbk that was available was Brembo's and the prices I got were around 600 for all 4 rotors. I was going to replace my pads with Axis pads and do the rotors while I was at it, but that's way too much for something that's purely cosmetic. I believe that there was some firm selling oem's that were drilled but I'm not sure about the merits of that. There is also a firm which sells cryogenically frozen rotors for about the same money as Brembos.

I paid $300 shipped for all 4 of my brembos and $63 shipped for my Axxis Pads. :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Re: Re: OEM cross drilled rotors?

fuschnicken said:

Do you know if these will fit any E46, or just the M3?
just M3 - from the site: http://www.activeautowerke.com/brakes/e46brakes.asp

These are factory BMW cross drilled rotors fitted on the Eurpoean E46 M3. They will improve both cooling and prevent brake fatigue as opposed to the solid, non-ventilated US Spec brake rotors fitted on the 2001 US spec E46 M3.

With an aluminum center hub, there is a weight saving, but the best gain is the reduction in rotational weight on each axle.

Cross drilled with an aluminum hub make it lighter
Weights 15 lbs vs 17 lbs of the US equivalent
Increased cooling creates less brake fatigue
Provides both function and lightness at a affordable price
Simple, easy bolt-on upgrade to US Spec E46 M3
Unidirectional, specify left or right

·
Registered
507 Posts
Orient Blue 3 said:

I paid $300 shipped for all 4 of my brembos and $63 shipped for my Axxis Pads. :D
Wow! From where? I would do that in a minute. Like I said, it's been a while but I think the quote was from Supreme power?

·
I know all about that...
2,215 Posts
Jano said:

Wow! From where? I would do that in a minute. Like I said, it's been a while but I think the quote was from Supreme power?

e-mail [email protected] his name is Raymond and he is from Eliteauto. They are in canada which sucks because shipping is more but prices are well worth it. He's legit, me and 2 other friends have got rotors from him already. Mine are already on the car, pics to come...Tell him my name(Austin) and tell him the price I got them for, I believe it was $295 to be exact and he will hook you up. It might be more for the 325,328,330 owners since the rotors are larger than the 323. Hope this helps. By the way I got my pads from justbmws.com.

·
O.D.
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So do harsh winters effect cross drilled rotors? and if i get them from brembo, these are in no way OEM correct? Because i was planning on having the dealership put those on when they put on my rims in the spring.

·
name's PHIL
6,078 Posts
strange

got two very different quotes for just the replacement brembo drilled rotors from tire rack and wheel experts

One was more by $200.........any insight guys, just different levels of profit or were they thinking about something different

i made it clear, not the BBK, just replaement's:dunno:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts