BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just hoping for some info...

My dealer refused to put my cd changer in the left compartment on my '03, saying it was impossible. Well, I moved it into the left compartment, only thing is it didn't fit perfectly, little loose, so I took some paper and stuffed it so it would be a tight fit. I was just wondering if there was a bracket available to use, and I'm sure there is b/c it is where the cd changer is suppose to be. Pictures would be helpful. TIA.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
goto a diffrent dealer my 00 328i came with one in the trunk...a custom shop will do it if a dealer wont and it will be cheaper

·
Registered
688 Posts
Is it a BMW OEM CD changer? Which one, Alpine or Pioneer? If it's one of those, there are OEM installation kits you can buy.

However, I don't get it, most dealers run at the chance to charge for crap like that, because they charge an hour of labor for something that takes 15 minutes (I put mine in in 15 min.)...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They put it on the roof of the trunk, burt i moved it to the left compartment. I was just wondering if there was a bracket available so i don't have to stuff...i'll get a pic.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Schow36, you can get the bracket and trunk liner for the navigation system (which goes on the left side of the trunk) and install it there. Parts will probably run about $100. It's definitely the cleanest-looking set up; the only downside is that it consumes about a foot of the trunk's width.

I'm in the process of building an enclosure that will fit inside the tray on the left side of the trunk, holding the changer vertically. Should be done within a week. It will work out nicely, but it's been a pain to build the thing because the back of the OEM changer (or bottom when held vertically) is not flat.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no, I have the enclosure, they come stock with '03s...I will upload pics in just a minute or two...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, but they didn't install it in the compartment, they installed it on the roof and i moved it...bastards, bmw service sucks, i went to talk to them about moving it for me, but they said the wiring wouldn't work out, and they said it was impossible...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I got so pissed off at them when I was shopping for my car I went to Hendrick in Charleston and bought it there.

I think on the 03 it is made to be on the left side where you have it and there are brackets for it.

Try calling Circle BMW or Pacific BMW and talk to them.

I bought my alarm from Circle and had very good luck with them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, my family (extended and immediate) has bought about five cars from them, you would expect to get a little respect after the second one. Mercedes service there is awesome though, they send free gifts to my dad ALL the time. We've bought 3 e46's from them and two benz's. So yea...bmw service sucks, sales is nice though.

Anyway, anyone have any info on a possible bracket? Cybertek...you got the number to either those dealers?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
THIS LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE IT BUT i WOULD CALL THEM AND CHECK

E46 4-dr/2-dr lh quarter brackets 82 11 1 470 436 $50.00 $40.00

1 - 20 of 24 Posts