BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just purchased a new car, and it already had the interface installed. My problem is that the only 2 ways I was able to navigate it is by song (alphabetically) and skin 10 tracks at a time. Is there a way to control it by album or playlist like t\he Dice module ?

Are there any unser manual instruction for this unit ?

Thank u in advance !

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nope, no browsing by artist or anything like that. You make 5 (6 is reserved for all songs) and thats it. Kind of lame, I have it and I don't even use it anymore. You can use shuffle functionality though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no browsing by artist or anything like that. You make 5 (6 is reserved for all songs) and thats it. Kind of lame, I have it and I don't even use it anymore. You can use shuffle functionality though.
What do you mean by "You make 5, 6 is reserved for all songs" ?

5 Playlists ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
What do you mean by "You make 5, 6 is reserved for all songs" ?

5 Playlists ?
Yea, make 5 playlists in iTunes named BMW1 BMW2 BMW3 BMW4 and BMW5 and put songs in there. Once you hook up the iPod you hit either the 1,2,3,4,5 button to navigate to that playlist (1 would load BMW1, 2 would load BMW2, etc.) The 6 button will play all of the songs on the iPod starting at the very beginning of the iPod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Once you've made your playlists, how do you use the shuffle function? Do you have to put it on shuffle before you plug in, or can you do it from the stereo or steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
511 Posts
You hit the button underneath the text where it says RND on the headunit.

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts