BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I am tired of paying $50.00 to change my wheels again, so I am thinking about buying a car jack. In the past I used to rotate my own tires and change the wheels/tires for the winter, but I had many problems with my OLD car and its jack .... it fell like 3 times. Anyway, I am looking to buy a jack to make changing my wheels easier. Any suggestions?

I checked Sears out, but was not sure what type of jack would work? Do I have to use a specific jack for BMWs? I prefer the style of the floor jack in picture 1 as it looks more sturdy ... any opinions.
THANKS

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMWERKEN said:
I just spent the money and got the heavy duty 3 ton powerbuilt set that came with 4 jackstands...it was expensive but I'd rather spend the money than compromise my safety :dunno:
I am FAR from a gearhead, but when using the BMW jack you put it in the slots .... where would you place other jacks? ? The same place?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BMWERKEN said:
Exact same place...some jack's "heads" arent quite perfectly shaped for the pad so you can put a block of wood between the car and the jack to make it sit better :)
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
It's just superficial, no damage to the car. I should have used a block of wood between the jack and the car.

I use the OEM jack to get the car up a couple inches, then the Sears SUV jack can get under to the central jack point.

·
Registered
150 Posts
MAGNUM PIT JACKS
Manufactured by Sierra Racing Products

Magnum Jacks are all aluminum construction and light weight.
All Magnum Jacks include 1 year warranty on all hydraulics.

all stainless steel??? :hmm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts