E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
A: its ****in $1200...Fail....
B: it very clearly says BMW OEM BABY SEAT ORIGINAL M5 E39 E60 E65 X5 545i 745Li
C: if you want something "COOL" for the kid.. just get a Recaro car seat..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Long time no see, Dani. :)

$1200 is a lot of scratch for a baby seat, the G2 Signo is every bit as good:

We are an authorized Recaro dealer, let me know if you change your mind.
i'am looking to get one, pm me with the price please. como is the one I want

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Long time no see, Dani. :)

$1200 is a lot of scratch for a baby seat, the G2 Signo is every bit as good:

We are an authorized Recaro dealer, let me know if you change your mind.
--OK Tom LOL I think you are probably right.. btw nice to see you again too! I just learned last night Matt was buying parts for my car from you. Too funny. I had no idea that is where the CF stuff was coming from! OK will need two of these.. can you email me please? Still have my address?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You know, as much as I love my 4 and 5 year old daughters...I'm pretty sure I could replace one of them for $1200... :loco:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
well does it protect the infant better than other car seats? My first choice in a car seat would be how safe a baby is in it...not how it looks...the kid could care less

·
european auto source
12,261 Posts
--OK Tom LOL I think you are probably right.. btw nice to see you again too! I just learned last night Matt was buying parts for my car from you. Too funny. I had no idea that is where the CF stuff was coming from! OK will need two of these.. can you email me please? Still have my address?
Still do - you have email.

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
I wouldn't bother getting the BMW baby seat for one major reason... this seat was never offered for sale in the U.S. market... I know because years back when my first child was born I wanted to get this baby seat. I recall being told that the main reason why it wasn't being sold in the U.S. was due to the strict child seat safety laws here in the U.S. When I heard that I decided right away not to continue my pursuit for this seat and wound up getting a Cosco baby seat that I'm very happy with.

That seat does not look like it would function as a rear facing seat.

I'm using the seats in the picture below right now (Graco rear facing seat for my infant and a Graco booster seat for my 5 year old daughter).

When my infant daughter gets a little bigger I'll have her use the same carbon fiber patterned forward facing Cosco seat that my older daughter used when she was a baby...

·
Registered
27 Posts
You laugh because it hasn't happened to you yet... ;)

So much comes out into a confined space and well...up the "chimney" in the back...don't worry...you'll see :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You laugh because it hasn't happened to you yet... ;)

So much comes out into a confined space and well...up the "chimney" in the back...don't worry...you'll see :D
Oh MAN!!!
:-(

OK Ill save the bucks, and get the little seatbelt cushion things that say BMW.. the baby version.. saw them on eBay and can't find them now. grr

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Oh MAN!!!
:-(

OK Ill save the bucks, and get the little seatbelt cushion things that say BMW.. the baby version.. saw them on eBay and can't find them now. grr
Let me know if you find those seatbelt pads... I assume these go on the straps that go over the baby's shoulder/neck area. I wouldn't mind getting those for my baby girl's rear facing seat. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts