E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all know that our airboxes come with velocity stack style ITB's stock. I've seen some people who have pulled the box and ran just the stacks and was considering doing it myself. However I do have some concerns, first and formost is a filtration system. I would never run straight stacks without some kind of filter, just wondering if people had any ideas in terms of what kind of filter you can use with the OEM stacks. My car is not a DD but i do like to drive it when I get the chance and I need to make sure this setup will be practical to drive, and not just for a garage queen. Are there any real concerns with the setup in terms of the way the car runs, I realize a tune after would help cut down problems, but is there any major concerns for running this setup? Just looking for any advice or input on the idea of running the OEM stacks on the car.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
There are individual filter elements available as well as single filter elements. You'll have to do some research. There have been many factory cars over the years with ITB's that had single and multiple filter elements attached to the ITB's. (Austin Healey, MG, Nissan / Datsun, Triumph).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.