BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just picked up a set of used type44 with OE Bridgestone Turanza ER30 tires on them. I was about to put them on just now but realize it has no rotational direction marking on the sidewall. How do I tell if the previous owner used them on the passenger side or driver side and does it matter if I can't figure it out and just put them on randomly? Thanks.

sincerely,
Don

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
O'BlueTouring said:
Hi,
I just picked up a set of used type44 with OE Bridgestone Turanza ER30 tires on them. I was about to put them on just now but realize it has no rotational direction marking on the sidewall. How do I tell if the previous owner used them on the passenger side or driver side and does it matter if I can't figure it out and just put them on randomly? Thanks.

sincerely,
Don

if the wheels and tires are not directional, then it doesn't matter which tire/wheel goes where. with nondirectional tires, you usually do a diagonal swap when you do tire rotations, so a tire that was once a front driver side would end up being rear passenger side after rotation.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Gary.. so how do I tell if the wheel used to be on passenger side or driver side? or it doesn't matter? thanks.

don

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
it doesn't matter. if the tires are non directional, then that means there is no prefered direction that the tire spins, and thus it does not matter which side of the car it's on. the only time you have to worry about the proper side to put a non directional tire is when that tire is mounted on a directional designed wheel.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
EDawg said:
it doesn't matter. if the tires are non directional, then that means there is no prefered direction that the tire spins, and thus it does not matter which side of the car it's on. the only time you have to worry about the proper side to put a non directional tire is when that tire is mounted on a directional designed wheel.
Right again. Does not matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts