E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Mango and I started a little challenge 'game' about odd parts we've replaced.

I know I'm the only one that's ever bought new key fob screws from my dealer (old style key)...tiny little guys. I felt weird doing it, but, hey, the phillips head was getting messed up.

I've also done the icv grommet and elephant trunk in the trunk (while rebuilding my loom).

Are there odd parts you've replaced that maybe you felt odd, particularly OCD, about replacing?

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I can't think of them off the top of my head, but my roommate always tells me:

"Dude, you replace the weirdest ****ing parts on your car."

So apparently, pretty obscure stuff.

Edit: Oh, here's one.

The tiny little adjustment allen-key bolt that pretensions the coupe door window.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Doubt I'm the only one, but I've replaced the clips that hold the headlight loom to the top cross-member. It was a bit of trial and error with the parts desk to get the right one.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Doubt I'm the only one, but I've replaced the clips that hold the headlight loom to the top cross-member. It was a bit of trial and error with the parts desk to get the right one.
I've done that as well.

1. Sunroof shade guides - expensive buggers.
2. Little round trim piece that the door lock pin goes through.
3. Spring for the corner turn signals.
4. Center dash vent
5. Ac charge port cap
6. Rubber seals inside of various plugs and connectors for headlights.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure if this is odd, but I've had to replace the lower right fender liner... twice... in the span of a month and a half.

Glovebox damper is another but that's more of a common issue. When I "fixed" my old damper, it still didn't feel right. A new one is only $12 so hey, why not?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
the two little tabs under the door handle that cover up the screws...they broke while I was doing the window regulators.
Sunshades...they were cracking and the light always turned on
lmfao at the tags hahah

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
The cap that covers the wiring on the outside of the mirror at the bottom of it .

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Back when I had OEM wheels, I went through like 3 replacement centercaps. They kept falling off for some reason

·
Registered
27,048 Posts
:lmao:

As for me, how about the sticker in the center of the key fob? That's a little random. Also the flashlight in the glove box.

Back when I had OEM wheels, I went through like 3 replacement centercaps. They kept falling off for some reason
Wheel/tire was out of balance. On my rover, ONE poorly balanced wheel resulted in losing 3 center caps (all within a months time). The annoying part was one fell off, I replaced it off ebay.. only to find two more gone within a week's time. Bought a set of of tour and fortunately had the wheels balanced.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Oddest thing I can think of are the clips that hold the interior trim to the car.

Can't imagine that's too odd, though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Water pump for wind shield wiper fluid, never seen one break on car. I guess its little common from us with older e46's but ya.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have yet to do it, but since bought (used) I have needed a tan retaining clip for driver's mirror/sunshade. It holds in place but is broken. Thanks for starting a thread that is succeeding in pissing me off dmax :banghead:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
omg lol.

floor mats like 6 times
engine cover
under engine oil stickers
entire center console
seat bottom leather covers driver and passenger
tons of misc plastic parts
maf for no reason
spark plugs too often

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Glove box flashlight, and the seals over the headlights, that seal between the headlights and the hood. Mine were a ragged mess, and everything else was perfect. Drove me crazy. I bought a set of xenon headlights from a guy, just for the parts, and noticed that the seals on the set I bought were perfect, and switched them out before I even left his house. I only paid $100 for a set of complete Xenons, even the bulbs worked. But, every single mounting tab was broken off. The kid worked in a body shop, and said they came off an M3 that hit a telephone pole. He took them out of the trash, because he thought they may be worth something. I even told him that he could get more for parting thm out, and he said he just wanted to get them out of the garage. He threw in a set of M3 door sills, that still had the protective plastic cover on them.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts