BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone know anything about these obx coilovers? i think they are called OBX GRAVITATION CONTROL COIL OVER KITS. i saw a few of them online and they have some for our cars for like $250. that price seems kinda low doesnt it? i usually see coilover kits going for $700 and up. i was about to order them but i figured i better ask the fellow fanatics first. :D

this is what the kit looks like...

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,767 Posts
They are not a full coilover system like what most people are running. These are simply a theaded sleave that goes over a strut. Ground control sells something just like that. I don't know anything about the quality of this stuff but you will need to get aftermarket shocks so that is another 500 so you basically could get a matched set for that price (bilstein PSS system for example).

Tim

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would i need aftermarket shocks??? i heard most people on here just leave their stock ones and everything is fine. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Your OEM shocks will be under added stress if you significantly drop your car. Many fanatics have gotten away with subtle drops and their OEM shocks. However, if you intend on going any further, I suggest upgrading your shocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts