E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hows it going guys im looking to buy the obx exhaust for my 03 330ci i was just wondering if anyone knew how it sounded and any thoguhts on the exhaust itself?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Why are you looking to buy an exhaust? Is your current one broken? I mean I dont see how these are better then the stock exhaust so just sort of wondering what you think your gonna get out if it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If its just sound you want then I recommend doing a muffler delete or installing glass packs. I've done a lot of research on this my self and these two options have the best low rumble I've heard so I would save your money cuz OBX, MagnaFlow, etc... Are not any better than the stock exhaust

·
Banned
7,254 Posts
If its just sound you want then I recommend doing a muffler delete or installing glass packs. I've done a lot of research on this my self and these two options have the best low rumble I've heard so I would save your money cuz OBX, MagnaFlow, etc... Are not any better than the stock exhaust
The X-pipe from a catback exhaust, is "better" performance wise.

Have you heard the muffler delete in person?
I bet you would retract your statement if you did, because it sounds.. well, like a car without a muffler. Horrible.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Better how? 3hp? Not worth the money IMO....

Yes I have heard deleted mufflers in person. It sounds pretty solid as long as you leave the resonators in. Remove those and you have a very raspy sound with a lot of "farts". BMW is about the only car I've heard sound good without a muffler. Most other cars I agree sound horrible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.