E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Obd fusion slow/delayed

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Bali 
#1 ·
So i got obd fusion, and it is very slow to react to the car, im using it via Bluetooth, i did check the box for faster connection with pid's,

Before asking if its my Bluetooth obd connector, its not, when using torque obd app the rev indicator is within a split second after i rev the car, but obd fusion takes a good 3 seconds to respond/update,

I have tried:
Updating
Reboot
Clear cash and data
Uninstall reinstall
Turning off data and connections (except Bluetooth)
Check box for faster pid (on and off)
(Phone firmware is up to date)
(LG v40
I also now have it set at 9141 protocol for the car but that makes no difference

Im at a loss what to do next...
Please advise

#2 ·
Do you have version 5.12.0 of OBDFusion by any chance?

I noticed a similar slow down after I updated the app version in the last week or so. Very laggy to point of almost not being useful for live data. Short blip of throttle doesn't show up in the data anymore.

I can't see any way to unintall the update. Wish I had left well enough alone, but I have updated it before without issues.

I bought a Veepak Bluetooth LE adaptor over weekend, but that made no difference in speed, so I dont think its the adaptor.

Fwiw, I have a Samsung s5 phone.

#4 ·
You can check in the app manager probably, or somewhere in app itself ... it's just a theory, anyways.

I hadn't used it recently but it was functional before. I hit update maybe one or two weeks ago, and when I went to use it last Friday it was very, very slow. I got the Veepak hoping it would fix the issue, but no luck.

#14 ·
OBDFusion was running fine for me the last time I used, but something happened recently to make it much much slower. The main thing that comes to mind for me is that I updated to the most recent version available (although it is possible that my old samsung s5 has something to do with it).

If you are trying to watch the O2 sensor voltages switching for example, then a 3 to 5 second sampling rate will not give you useful information. Minor fluctuations in system voltage do not shop up either. Can it still be of use in steady state situations? Yes, sure it can but the extended lag is not a positive user experience overall and its frustrating if you are used to seeing your throttle inputs show up almost immediately in the data.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.