BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obc

I dont have the OBC option on my 2k2 325, but if i buy a signal indicator that has the button on the end of it for the diff functions, can the delear install it and program it to work and if so, anyone know how much taht woudl cost. I shoudl have gotton it as a 300 dollar option but it was hard w/ just the sport pack and not teh premium?

:dunno: :dunno:

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,821 Posts
Give your dealer a call. If they can't/don't want to you are SOL even if it is possible.

Tim

·
Groccery Getter
958 Posts
Re: Obc

E46FSU said:
I dont have the OBC option on my 2k2 325, but if i buy a signal indicator that has the button on the end of it for the diff functions, can the delear install it and program it to work and if so, anyone know how much taht woudl cost. I shoudl have gotton it as a 300 dollar option but it was hard w/ just the sport pack and not teh premium?

:dunno: :dunno:

Go here, I'm trying to do the retrofit. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=47474&highlight=Ausfahrt And here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16348

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna talk to the dealer about it and if i can shed some info, i will, i will be in the dealership tomrow for replacment of my seat rails, they squeak :dunno: :dunno:

I will raise the questions and see what they say.. if anyone else has any info on this please post :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think I can be little helpful

Guys ofcourse it is posible look at what I picked up in Germany.
See attached picture it is from accesories catalog for 3er

We just need to figure out how to ger around dealer BS.

Please contact me if you have any questions

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anybody who is from Germany Please Help

Anybody who is from Germany Please Help

I know it is posible to do but we need some help
Maybe someone can atleast translate this

Thnaks

[email protected]

:eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
All of it or something exact from that pic?

·
Sofa-king-what
1,977 Posts
don't need translation..

it only explain the functions of the board computer....

function as:

time
outside temperature
fuel range
consumpion ratio
average speed

if you have a navi-tv system it will also show you the distance

for example:

" take the next road on the left in 500 mt."... the display starts show the remaining distance---> 500-450-400-...........50-40-30-20-10;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for fast reply

We need two paragraphs to be translated

2 BoardComputer....

and

Wegfahrsperre (o. Abb.).....

Thanks

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys:

Listen to me.... i went to my dealer today and i posed the questions about installing the obc on a bmw that doesnt have one.. and the answer is ' YES".. these are the parts needed, at least these are the parts I need....

Part #

65816905133 Temp Sensor
61138365340 Plug housing
61318363668 Signal stalk

They said it will take about 2.5 hours in labor, they also said they have to call tech to get the programming codes.

Now this info aplies to my 02 325i.. not sure about the rest

email me or Im me if you have any more questions

The whole process should run me around 400 buks.

·
Groccery Getter
958 Posts
E46FSU said:
Guys:

Listen to me.... i went to my dealer today and i posed the questions about installing the obc on a bmw that doesnt have one.. and the answer is ' YES".. these are the parts needed, at least these are the parts I need....

Part #

65816905133 Temp Sensor
61138365340 Plug housing
61318363668 Signal stalk

They said it will take about 2.5 hours in labor, they also said they have to call tech to get the programming codes.

Now this info aplies to my 02 325i.. not sure about the rest

email me or Im me if you have any more questions

The whole process should run me around 400 buks.

So it can be done cool. Can u ask the dealership if you have to have automatic climate control to have this function?????

·
Registered
67 Posts
but >>>>>>>>>>

but our cars allready have the tempeture sensor

if you go to hidden OBC functions you can see all the stuff that OBC will display by pushing a button

Look in your fuse box and see if you have a fuse for OBC if you do theen it should be no brainer just install the Signal stalk and probably tell the computer to display the info on dashboard

Correct me if I am wrong !!!

or better :

Someone from Germany should go to a dealership and ask them, so we can compare the prices and needed parts

[email protected]

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm giving the translation a try right now... Here goes....

2. Onboard Computer

The onboard computer gives you information, for example average fuel consumption, average speed, outside-temperature, time, and date.

Weg = "way", Fahr = Drive, not sure on Sperre...

The BMW (mehrfach means literally "More subject") MehrfachSperre is as a seperate system (attainable?). The use suceeds through the distance-key-system (key-remote) or an electronic key.

I can read the third paragraph clearly, but it only pertains to the alarm, not the computer. I'm not entirle sure the second paragraph pertains to the computer either.... Man, 4 or 5 years ago I would read through that without missing a word. My german has gone seriously downhill.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: but >>>>>>>>>>

andy325 said:
but our cars allready have the tempeture sensor

if you go to hidden OBC functions you can see all the stuff that OBC will display by pushing a button

Look in your fuse box and see if you have a fuse for OBC if you do theen it should be no brainer just install the Signal stalk and probably tell the computer to display the info on dashboard

Correct me if I am wrong !!!

or better :

Someone from Germany should go to a dealership and ask them, so we can compare the prices and needed parts

[email protected]

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
are your sure our cars have the temp sensor.. cuz... the techs said i needed it.. its 22 buks for the sensor

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
All E46 BMWs equipped with air-conditioning will have the temperature sensor, regardless whether you have the OBC function.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trannslation:

2 (Number of the picture in the catalog) OBC

The OBC gives you information about the average fuel consumption, average speed, range with remaining fuel, outside temperature, time and date.

The next paragraph is only about the alarm.

If you have a car with automatic climate control you don't need the temperature sensor AFAIK.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: I think I can be little helpful

andy325 said:
Guys ofcourse it is posible look at what I picked up in Germany.
See attached picture it is from accesories catalog for 3er

We just need to figure out how to ger around dealer BS.

Please contact me if you have any questions

[email protected]
Damn, you guys really slaughtered that translation.

"1. Park Distance Control:
Makes parking and maneuvering easier. Objects within 1.5 meter range are regogized and the driver is alerted to their presence via an audible signal"

"2. Bordcomputer:
The bordcomputer provides information on average speed, average fuel consumption, etc."

"3. Theft Prevention (Drive-off Prevention system)
The theft prevention system is available as a seperate aftermarket system. It is operate via a remote control, or an electronic key."

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VinceTopazBlau325i said:
All E46 BMWs equipped with air-conditioning will have the temperature sensor, regardless whether you have the OBC function.
wow.. i have to call another dealer again to verify.. cuz the lady insistantly argued w/ me saying it does not have one fromt the factory because of how " base " my car was...... you positive on this one? If u are it saves me 20 buks ??

·
Groccery Getter
958 Posts
E46FSU said:

wow.. i have to call another dealer again to verify.. cuz the lady insistantly argued w/ me saying it does not have one fromt the factory because of how " base " my car was...... you positive on this one? If u are it saves me 20 buks ??

Let me know what they did the programming using MODIC and who they called so I can relay the info to the dealership here in how to made the new stalk work.

E46FSU said:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts