E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E46, BMW 325i Sedan, M54B25 Engine, GM 5L40E Auto Transmission, Sports Package
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this issue for a long time but with all the other issues, I have never had the time to troubleshoot. My display is stuck at outside temp. The clock on the Business CD center dash is set to --:--. I have tried replacing the entire stalk with an aftermarket one as well as recently changed the entire center round clock spring section but to no use. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 E46, BMW 325i Sedan, M54B25 Engine, GM 5L40E Auto Transmission, Sports Package
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Head unit is the center panel with the CD player or the instrument cluster? I had an issue way back with my instrument cluster where it was not showing anything and got it fixed. I dont remember but I think that maybe when the issue started happening with the OBC button not working. Currently my instrument cluster is showing Temperature and CD Player is showing --/-- since I had disconnected the battery for some work. Without the instrument cluster showing the time, I dont think I can set the time.

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Try the E46 electrical reset:
  • disconnect the negative cable from the battery
  • disconnect the positive cable from the battery
  • short the cables together for at least 10 minutes
  • reconnect the positive cable to the battery
  • reconnect the negative cable to the battery (sparks are ok)
  • reset the clock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try the E46 electrical reset:
Tried it this morning. The cluster now shows time instead of temperature. I am able to set the time from the rotary clicking switches but the OBC button on the stalk is still stuck on showing just the time

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have reached out to Scott from bmwgm5.com. Scott had fixed my instrument cluster when it completely blacked out as well as my GM5 when the key remotes didnt work at all and I had to use my skull/head/face touching the key for the remote to work. LOL

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I had this issue for a long time but with all the other issues, I have never had the time to troubleshoot. My display is stuck at outside temp. The clock on the Business CD center dash is set to --:--. I have tried replacing the entire stalk with an aftermarket one as well as recently changed the entire center round clock spring section but to no use. Any help is appreciated.
I don't understand what your problem is. That's what happens when you disconnect the battery. You have to reset the clock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't understand what your problem is. That's what happens when you disconnect the battery. You have to reset the clock.
It isn't about the clock reset. My BC button doesn't do anything, its doesnt show data like Miles To Empty, Average Fuel Consumption etc. Scott from BMWGM5 responded saying that its not the cluster issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts