BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ive got an SES light and im pretty sure its my pre cat o2 sensors. The light does not come on all the time, and sometimes when its not on it can come on a little while after. If I tap the gas while its in park the revs will go up and drop down to low and take a few seconds to stabilize. I do not have access to a peake scanner. Will the generic scanners at autozone or advanced auto tell me if i need pre or post cat o2 sensors? I dont want to replace the post cat o2 sensors if I don't need them. Do my symptoms sound like I would need both sets of o2 sensors replaced? and lastly, where can I get a cheaper set of o2 sensors?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out, and further explain what I need. My inspection is due in July and I need the car for an out of state road trip at the end of the month.

-Vin

·
Registered
873 Posts
Go get the codes scanned before you start jumping to any conclusions about what is wrong. Any Autozone can do it for you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as long as autozone can give me a legit scan, i herd alot of people say they arent accurate.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
advanced auto couldnt scan my car.... "this piece isn't long enough and we don't have any kind of adapter, take it to the dealer" I'm just going to take it to a local bmw shop tomorrow :( hopefully they dont charge me to scan it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts