BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so after months of debating if i should get the NR aluminum "look" guages, i finally got it in the mail, and i must say, its a piece of ****! i'm like wtf?!! its a damn piece of plastic painted in grey! and they're selling them for like $110?! damn! and i also found out that i have to use double sided tape for the damn thing....this is not good.....so should i try to put these things on to see how it looks or should i just return the freakin thing? thanks guys.......

btw.....i'm finally getting my passenger grey leather seats replaced again.....also and oil change, hand wash/wax (free)....and 15K service. finally *sigh*

have a great day guys and be safe out there!

pete

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
lol! what did you think they were made of? it's the price that we pay for owning the cars that we do! all gauge faces are held on with double-sided tape, you won't want to glue them, cause when you gauge faces get hot, the glue melts and gets everywhere!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have 'em and my initial impression was the same, but they really look great once they're in. Think about it for a sec, if they were aluminum you'd have to pull needles apart to install them. The fact that they're flexible and thin makes installation a breeze. The only challenge is lining them up just right. Once in, they look completely oem. Do the needle too. They look great in red!:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts