BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i finish to fix one thing another thing breaks.

just last night i was rolling down my windows and the passenger side windw was kinda makign a really wierd noise going up and down, souded like there was something holding it back from moving and it was tryign reall hard.

i thought maybe some snow ot in the jam and turned to ice so i figure to let it melt for liek a day or two, if it doesnt go away be sure i am hoping to visit my dealer againnnn.

i read here all the time that your guys window regulator breaks, i dont know what that it but does this sound like that is what happened??

will the dealer give me any problems and try to blame it on my tint??

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
it sounds like it could be the regulator, and no they should not give you trouble because you have tint. i, and people i know with tint, ahve had regulators replaced if that helps. if they give you crap remind then that the dealer sales dept often has tint installed predelivery on cars... (and you can always try another dealer if they are really jerky) good luck :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took my car to the dealer last week for the same issue. My front passenger window rolled up really slow and made a squeaking sound. My warranty is up in less than 1k miles so I asked the dealer to check all 4 windows. They not only replaced the regulator on the front passenger window, but the two rear windows as well. :thumbup:

I have tinted windows too and they didn't mention that at all. I recommend to take your car in and get ALL of your windows checked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the E46 window regulators are by far the most common failure of anything on these cars. I used to replace 8-10 per day on average. They are cheaply built and frequently break. Take it to the dealer, they will not give you any trouble about your tint. If the car is under warranty, then it's covered. Your service advisor should be more than willing to have it done for you because warranty pays pretty well to do the regulators and they are extremely simple for trained BMW techs.

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,600 Posts
My passanger side window was makin a funny noise too...then all of a sudden it just dropped in the door and broke...I had tint also...Dealer gave me no hassle and got it back later that day...

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
you do live in NY, and it's been cold recently
make sure nothing is iced up and your car is properly warmed up before deciding to take it to the dealer for a regulator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts