BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys remember the time when they snapped my add-on in half right? well at first they didnt want to fix it... i pleaded with them and tried everything... i then gave up and called BMWNA, and they took it from there... now, everytime i bring my car to the dealer they blame my problem on a mod... first my rear tail light holder thingie broke off, and they said it was caused by the installation of my amp, which required the carpeting to be removed... complete BS... now i have to bring my car to the dealer on monday because im having an issue with my softtop and i will bet my last penny that they will blame it on my ice....

is there ANYTHING i can do... i remember clem posted something about a law that says we have the right to mod our cars and not have our warranty voided...i cant find that post though, searched for a good 25-30 minutes.... also, even if i do use that, how can i actually PROVE that they are wrong, and i am right... i know that they cant prove they are correct but it seems like they can just give me crap and i have to put up with it... is there anything that can be done, anything at all, im willing to do anything

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only one more in the area... and from what i have heard, i have a better chance at finding a million bucks laying on the road before i get good service with a modded bimmer

·
hammer talks like this
4,226 Posts
DropTopBM said:
only one more in the area... and from what i have heard, i have a better chance at finding a million bucks laying on the road before i get good service with a modded bimmer
hahaha try jersey? they fvck you at the dealership, they fvck you at the dealership. cause they know youre gonna be miles away before you realize you got fvck........

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealers/index.asp?state=nj are some ratings for NJ dealerships.

How DID the rear tailight bracket break?? Doesn't seem like a big common problem area, unless maybe it went from extreme hot to extreme cold too fast and then you went over a speed bump? Do you park in a garage at night? Get hit?

Chip-

·
Registered
270 Posts
DropTopBM said:
You guys remember the time when they snapped my add-on in half right? well at first they didnt want to fix it... i pleaded with them and tried everything... i then gave up and called BMWNA, and they took it from there... now, everytime i bring my car to the dealer they blame my problem on a mod... first my rear tail light holder thingie broke off, and they said it was caused by the installation of my amp, which required the carpeting to be removed... complete BS... now i have to bring my car to the dealer on monday because im having an issue with my softtop and i will bet my last penny that they will blame it on my ice....

is there ANYTHING i can do... i remember clem posted something about a law that says we have the right to mod our cars and not have our warranty voided...i cant find that post though, searched for a good 25-30 minutes.... also, even if i do use that, how can i actually PROVE that they are wrong, and i am right... i know that they cant prove they are correct but it seems like they can just give me crap and i have to put up with it... is there anything that can be done, anything at all, im willing to do anything
warranty denied

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey Droptop...there's a great dealership that sets you up nicely quickly, and it's actually worth praise in NJ. It's in Edison, and its called Open-Road BMW...it's on route 1 south. They do excellent work and do it quickly, they swapped out my old clutch, flywheel, and Guibo in 2 days!

·
booo for body roll.
3,420 Posts
droptop i kknow just a couple days ago the website was posted. it was bc some guys car's warrenty was voided i'll try to dig it up.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I put a link to it 2 posts up from this one.

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Crazy Boy
1,366 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:

That's not true, because we sign a contract with BMW on the warranty
in a contact you cannot waive your statutory rights without initialing by the clause that causes it to be waived. also it must be highlighted, underligned or in capital letters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts