E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.
My 12/2002 model 330d I got last july has a problem .I've researched for a long time the info I need but can't find the specific bit . My dsc rotational sensor cluster p/no 34526759412 is suspect according to a recent scan but although I find lots of schematics I can't find an actual pin out and/or references to what colour wires go where. I see that there are three relevant wires but don't know which these are to be able to check the voltages and am reluctant to "play" in case I mess up.
Any help will be really appreciated.

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles japan red
16,960 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Balidawg
that puts me a step nearer but I'm confused over what I think are two versions but it's late - 11.30 pm here and I'm not thinking well so I'll have another go tomorrow. Having read of so many others with similar problems I'd thought someone may have the wiring colours and pin numbers sorted out (6 pins on mine as it's the combined lateral/rotational sensor) but many seemed to have just replaced the unit and then found it wasn't faulty and I just can't afford to do that and anyway I'm old school engineering - find the problem don't just substitute to eliminate. I'll certainly put mine on record when I get there.
lrb

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles japan red
16,960 Posts
BMW Scanner 1.4 or INPA will display the particular DSC/ABS unit you have.

I searched realoem.com for that part number and came up empty.

If you can find the electrical connector number, I think you can search/browse for that to find things.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
You might find more love on the regional boards. Most of us are in the States, and we don't have the diesel or 4-cylinder cars here. Having said that, your DSC should not be specific to the diesel engine. Try looking for your parts on www.realoem.com. Input the last 7 digits of your VIN, then browse for the parts you are interested in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorted

Hi all thanks for helping, the attached file was what I needed which allowed me to prove the sensor was at fault .I replaced it and all works fine now.
It was not easy to find the info, reamoem just doesn't recognise the part number but when looking on ebay dot com the number is used on cars in the usa frommemory at least 20 different models, gas or diesel even on new minis.
Should anyone else have a problem please pm me as at the minute I know quite a lot on the subject
lrb

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
photo

I didn't take any pics but it's well ducumented apart from the wiring schematic if anyone googles "yaw sensor/rotation sensor" for their car model there are pics. I believe before june/august? 2001 (mk20 system) they were two seperate sensors, mine is the combined unit.
It is in the same place on rh and lh drive cars on a lhd car the combined sensor has a six pin plug (mk60 system not mk20) that only uses four pins is under the carpet a couple of inches in front of the left hand front fixing bolt of the drivers seat. Pull the seat fixing bolts, move the seat back, pull the plastic sill /kick cover off and lift the carpet and its there. It's a straight swop with no coding necessary.
lrb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts