BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,912 Posts
My GM5 has the same fault. You can replace the relays just a soldering rather than a rework station but it is tiresome.

I can only find the following daten files for the GM5 even in SP-Daten 67.1, released this year;
GM5.C01
GM5.C02
GM5.C04
GM5.C05
GM5.C06

The sp-daten file link on page 1 contains the files above.

Do i have it wrong are other files needed to flash the firmware on the GM5 via WinFKP?
Go read post #501 above. You cannot flash a GM5 using WinKFP.

Daten files for E46 have no changes beyond version v39 as E46 went out of production.

njmian is confusing flashing with coding, two very different things. On E46, any module can be coded as that’s simply changing its data or settings, but only DME and EGS can be flashed with new software.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go read post #501 above. You cannot flash a GM5 using WinKFP.

Daten files for E46 have no changes beyond version v39 as E46 went out of production.

njmian is confusing flashing with coding, two very different things. On E46, any module can be coded as that’s simply changing its data or settings, but only DME and EGS can be flashed with new software.
Thanks BaliDawg, Are they definitely the only two modules that can be flashed?

Could Tool32 update the firmware in any of the modules?

Is EGS the SMG ECU?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear all,

i have the following problem. After I selected the correct engine I want to start the "Fehlerspeicher auslesen" (read fault memory) and I got the error message "SYS-0010: Initialization error". Error description please see attached. Can you support me? What is wrong?

Kind regards
Sebastian

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Dear all,

i have the following problem. After I selected the correct engine I want to start the "Fehlerspeicher auslesen" (read fault memory) and I got the error message "SYS-0010: Initialization error". Error description please see attached. Can you support me? What is wrong?

Kind regards
Sebastian

View attachment 910148
Has it ever worked or is this a new error?

2004 325Ci
2004 325i Sedan
2015 X5
2007 328i

·
Registered
2002 e46 320 sedan / sport package 2 / m54b22 / steptronic
154 Posts
Did you try 50's kid's video ? I was fighting it for couple days and made it work following video.
Now I can not make work dis

·
Registered
2002 e46 320 sedan / sport package 2 / m54b22 / steptronic
154 Posts
Ah my bad. I was with phone and skipped some info. thought you could not make a program to work.
Don't know about your problem. I have never tried to program anything but dme.
Sorry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

I am new with INPA and NCS Expert, but I have to say I am a very good software engineer so I somehow managed to install and configure all tools and the cable on virtual Windows XP. Everything seems to work smoothly because I can read information using INPA. The problem comes with I try to read my ALSZ module. The following error appears:

There is no problem reading other modules like GM5. Is someone aware of this error? I searched almost everywhere on the internet but no results. Recently I updated my sp-daten files with v67 but haven't tested it yet.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Hello guys,

I am new with INPA and NCS Expert, but I have to say I am a very good software engineer so I somehow managed to install and configure all tools and the cable on virtual Windows XP. Everything seems to work smoothly because I can read information using INPA. The problem comes with I try to read my ALSZ module. The following error appears:

View attachment 917533

There is no problem reading other modules like GM5. Is someone aware of this error? I searched almost everywhere on the internet but no results. Recently I updated my sp-daten files with v67 but haven't tested it yet.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Did you update the SP-Datens when installing the software? If so, delete everything and reinstall it without updating sp datens

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hei , everythings seems to work except i get error codes for my e39 in german. how to change to english ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm glad I found this thread. I want to enable M Track mode in my car, unfortunately I can't code the MK60 module (DSC). I could code the instrument cluster (AKMB), and some years ago I could enable the daytime running lights too (ALSZ).

I have the "blue" cable from ebay (cable-shack.co.uk), I checked that the PIN 7&8 are soldered, but with their software I couldn't see the MK60 with INPA. I also have a K+DCAN Wifi adapter, with that I could see the MK60 module without a problem (I have made a data acquisition app with the live data from the MK60 module with this interface called E46Track), but coding with NCSExpert failed with both interface.

I downloaded your programs and installed it on a fresh WinXP SP3 virtual machine, INPA works, I can see the MK60 errors and live data too, so that's already better. But I can't use NCSExpert.
Since it is in a virtual machine, the USB driver was not needed, the latency is set to 1 ms on the host OS (Arch Linux).

Errors:
"Der Codierindex folgender Steuergerate ist fur diesen Codierauftraug nicht zulassig: MK60 12"
"Error by setting a ECU. No CoAPI errortext available"
"SGV_PROC.C RecFncAuftrag 2"

The car was a 2004 E46 330i, but it was rebuilt, now it is an M3 (2003) in a sedan chassis. There is one modification in the OBDII socket which might cause this issue. The CAN high (yellow-red) low (yellow-brown) are soldered in the PIN 6 and PIN 14. Could this be a problem?

Anyone has any idea what could be the problem? Thanks!

I think the MK60 module is from the 30i.

Update I: yes the MK60 module is from the 30i. The M3 had the MK60.C06 module, now I have MK60.C12. There is a profile in NCSExpert where I can change the CBD name from c06->c12, but still the same error. Maybe if I put back the 30i instrument cluster, then I would be able to code the MK60.C12, is there a better approach?

Update II: I found the solution in another thread. I entered the ZCS manually, I used my old 330i's VIN and GM:65610000 SA:0000204004201400 VN:000A640628, calculated from E46ZST.000. This resulted in MK60.c03, with a different approach I could make MK60.c01, but not c12 (if someone could elaborate on this topic I would be glad to hear it), however I could change that later with the "Expertenmodus (OFFEN)" profile. The coding succeeded, I'm still not sure how to do add $7MA VO option for this, the VO/FA options are totally blank, I could come up with something but I was too afraid to do it yet. I think I will create a new topic with my questions, maybe someone could help me.

501 - 516 of 516 Posts