BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

501 - 507 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
so basically my old gm5 module [email protected] out, the relays for door unlock stopped working and i found a good one for $20, i install it and it work fine, doors lock and unlock like a champ, without programming/flasing or writting the vin to it. now im trying to flash it using winkfp, like i had done to my dme and lsz module in the past, so i can open it up in ncs expert and add some personal coding to my preference. saying all this was pointless but im just giving the readers an idea of what im upto. basically the daten files i have are missing the gm5 or zke folder the only modules i can flash with v60.1 daten files, i got off bimmergeeks website, are the abs, dme,lsz,ews but its missing files related to gm5 and i have no option for the gm5 when i search the zusb number or the other zusb options. i am looking for daten files that have the gm5 folder. i tried unsoldering the relays to do a swap over but i dont have the soldering iron with vacuum and my solder suction thing doesnt seem to work either. i read a forum where someone used bmw scanner 1.4 but if someone has done with winkfp lmk
My GM5 has the same fault. You can replace the relays just a soldering rather than a rework station but it is tiresome.

I can only find the following daten files for the GM5 even in SP-Daten 67.1, released this year;
GM5.C01
GM5.C02
GM5.C04
GM5.C05
GM5.C06

The sp-daten file link on page 1 contains the files above.

Do i have it wrong are other files needed to flash the firmware on the GM5 via WinFKP?

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,593 Posts
My GM5 has the same fault. You can replace the relays just a soldering rather than a rework station but it is tiresome.

I can only find the following daten files for the GM5 even in SP-Daten 67.1, released this year;
GM5.C01
GM5.C02
GM5.C04
GM5.C05
GM5.C06

The sp-daten file link on page 1 contains the files above.

Do i have it wrong are other files needed to flash the firmware on the GM5 via WinFKP?
Go read post #501 above. You cannot flash a GM5 using WinKFP.

Daten files for E46 have no changes beyond version v39 as E46 went out of production.

njmian is confusing flashing with coding, two very different things. On E46, any module can be coded as that’s simply changing its data or settings, but only DME and EGS can be flashed with new software.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go read post #501 above. You cannot flash a GM5 using WinKFP.

Daten files for E46 have no changes beyond version v39 as E46 went out of production.

njmian is confusing flashing with coding, two very different things. On E46, any module can be coded as that’s simply changing its data or settings, but only DME and EGS can be flashed with new software.
Thanks BaliDawg, Are they definitely the only two modules that can be flashed?

Could Tool32 update the firmware in any of the modules?

Is EGS the SMG ECU?

501 - 507 of 507 Posts