BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

481 - 500 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm down to humbly asking for help. I've been downloading (several times) Special Tests folder, when I do, the subfolders are: Full BMW Tools; NCS Expert; Ediabas; API & BIN.

Mega will down load (and try to get me to install dozens of apps) but the sub folders do not match the folders in the video (this is Windows 10). Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong? The .RAR folders do not show up on my desktop.

Please set me in the right path.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
I'm down to humbly asking for help. I've been downloading (several times) Special Tests folder, when I do, the subfolders are: Full BMW Tools; NCS Expert; Ediabas; API & BIN.

Mega will down load (and try to get me to install dozens of apps) but the sub folders do not match the folders in the video (this is Windows 10). Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong? The .RAR folders do not show up on my desktop.

Please set me in the right path.
Pictures would help of the exact files that you downloaded and what's inside the .rar

·
Registered
5 Posts
TIS folder for my 2007 BMW 328i.

Can you please help me? I am trying to find the TIS folder for my 2007 BMW 328i. I have followed your instructions, but do not have the folder for my vehicle. Can you steer me in the right directions, so I can complete the install?

·
Registered
6 Posts
:hi: Greetings! I'm trying to recalibrate my Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). But I can't find an option for the recalibration on the version of INPA (5.0.6) in the "FullBMWTools" folder. Anyone gotta clue? Have read that only old versions of INPA support this, but I have not checked yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:hi: Greetings! I'm trying to recalibrate my Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). But I can't find an option for the recalibration on the version of INPA (5.0.6) in the "FullBMWTools" folder. Anyone gotta clue? Have read that only old versions of INPA support this, but I have not checked yet.

I have also tried with the Special INPA version, no luck there either :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,935 Posts
Try the procedure in the video below. I was able to make it work on an 04 330i using this version of INPA 5.0.6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCNaGayE0o

·
Registered
2002 e46 320 sedan / sport package 2 / m54b22 / steptronic
154 Posts
ahhh too bad at this.
i have installed inpa with 50's kid's instructions but there is no BMW Coding Tool (or is there ?). How can i set this all up without ruining my correct working version of inpa ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just successfully updated my DME, but now I'm having transmission errors and WinKFP isn't showing me any software for a GS20 transmission... any ideas?

Edit: I found the transmission update file, did that, reset all adaptations on engine and transmission, still get an error: 92/80 CAN Moment interface.

Edit 2: After clearing all fault codes several times (on everything - DME, Trans, ABS system...) and driving six or seven miles around town, it seems to be OK.

Edit 3: False alarm. Transmission trouble has returned within a few minutes after starting the next day.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quick question: Is NCSexpert supposed to have more profiles to choose from or just Default and Dummy?

EDIT: Answer is yes, you should have all these profiles including Revtors

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I know this thread is aimed at install but is there a link to which functions/settings to check in INPA in order to have everything running optimally?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just wanted to update my results.

I have it working now.

What my issue was is that I had 2 different INPA's on my computer and when I setup the INPA in this thread I accidently chose some of the files from the wrong INPA.

I ended up wiping the computer, starting with a fresh copy of Windows, then following the video in this thread step by step.

It now works.

I think I may need to solder the 2 pins together so I can access the EWS module.

I bought the K+DCAN cable from ebay, it is this one.

DO I need to connect the pins and does anyone have a link to the best way of doing it?

Just to note, I had the same errors for Inpa etc that Crispin did (see page 18) because I too had remnant files from a previous BMW Tools install attempt.

I purchased an old laptop that had XP from factory, and I first tried installing Mike's Easy BMW tools, but I could not get the drivers working to activate the cable (even after downloading them and installing manually).

So I uninstalled Mike's Easy and then downloaded Armen's files and followed his step-by-step. But it didn't work. So I went back into C:\ and manually deleted every file associated with BMW Tools, and deleted the Mike's Easy install etc etc. Then I downloaded Armen's files again and I did the step by step again and it all worked out.

Just wanted to document my experience. Crispin went so far as to re-install Windows, but I found that manually deleting all the associated files from the drives was sufficient.

I have this same cable, and the insides look like so:

Here you can see that pin 8 is not really a "pin" but a hollow.

So it seems that soldering 7 to 8 would mean filling in this gap somehow... which seems harder than soldring onto a male pin.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
Hey guys a little update. I've been working on some cars that had issues that were fixed by aligning the steering angle sensor and wanted to share how to do it since it is not included in all versions on INPA.
You will use Tool32 located at C:\Ediabas\Bin\Tool32.exe
You will most likely face two errors (errors messages and blank screen) that are fixed by downloading this https://mega.nz/file/9l8XibRA#JSdoM9As89xekw33RfouhxAVQbcfX2JjmFlxR14j85Y
Once that is done, open Tool32:
File -> Load SGBD, Group file -> DSC_MK60.PRG (located at C:\Ediabas\ECU) -> look for lenkwinkel_dsc_abgleichen -> Job -> Start job once only (F5) -> clear codes with INPA and enjoy!

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,912 Posts
Only the DME and EGS can be programmed (flashed) using WinKFP on an E46. All other modules such as IKE, EWS, LSZ, etc., cannot.
You can use NCS Expert to code any module on an E46

·
Registered
67 Posts
so basically my old gm5 module [email protected] out, the relays for door unlock stopped working and i found a good one for $20, i install it and it work fine, doors lock and unlock like a champ, without programming/flasing or writting the vin to it. now im trying to flash it using winkfp, like i had done to my dme and lsz module in the past, so i can open it up in ncs expert and add some personal coding to my preference. saying all this was pointless but im just giving the readers an idea of what im upto. basically the daten files i have are missing the gm5 or zke folder the only modules i can flash with v60.1 daten files, i got off bimmergeeks website, are the abs, dme,lsz,ews but its missing files related to gm5 and i have no option for the gm5 when i search the zusb number or the other zusb options. i am looking for daten files that have the gm5 folder. i tried unsoldering the relays to do a swap over but i dont have the soldering iron with vacuum and my solder suction thing doesnt seem to work either. i read a forum where someone used bmw scanner 1.4 but if someone has done with winkfp lmk
My GM5 has the same fault. You can replace the relays just a soldering rather than a rework station but it is tiresome.

I can only find the following daten files for the GM5 even in SP-Daten 67.1, released this year;
GM5.C01
GM5.C02
GM5.C04
GM5.C05
GM5.C06

The sp-daten file link on page 1 contains the files above.

Do i have it wrong are other files needed to flash the firmware on the GM5 via WinFKP?

481 - 500 of 516 Posts