BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

461 - 480 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Well I actually downloaded the full bmw tools link over a year ago. Perhaps it was before you fixed the 0kb? If so, which file/what is the path of the file to replace?

When connecting to the other acs/dsc modules I get

View attachment 777093

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
In that case, check the links and download "DSC fix"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im stumped here... I have a 99 323i with the GM transmission. chasing down a fault with the input speed sensor and loaded the full bmw tools from post #1. when i select my car and try to select transmission, I only have three options, and none of them work. My options are GS8.xx / GS 20 or sequential smg and sequential M.... Im sure its something I did wrong as I admittedly am way over my head here, but i can see my ECU just fine and was able to clear error codes there that my VeePeek bluetooth adapter wouldnt fully clear...

Can anyone shed some light here?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im stumped here... I have a 99 323i with the GM transmission. chasing down a fault with the input speed sensor and loaded the full bmw tools from post #1. when i select my car and try to select transmission, I only have three options, and none of them work. My options are GS8.xx / GS 20 or sequential smg and sequential M.... Im sure its something I did wrong as I admittedly am way over my head here, but i can see my ECU just fine and was able to clear error codes there that my VeePeek bluetooth adapter wouldnt fully clear...

Can anyone shed some light here?

·
Registered
105 Posts
ok, I admit it freely. im an idiot. It was connecting. It gives me an error message first that there is a language mismatch and errors may happen, but then it connects. I didnt realize that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok, after playing with it a little more, all it will connect to is my motor and Trans. Everything else i get the same issue as the guy above me.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,893 Posts
Ok, after playing with it a little more, all it will connect to is my motor and Trans. Everything else i get the same issue as the guy above me.
The guy above you says his is now working fine. :dunno:

Replaced file, all is good. And that module was even completely in English :) thanks again.
If you are trying to connect under the dash on a 1999 E46 then it sounds like your problem is you don't have pins 2, 20 and 17 bridged under the hood.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you are trying to connect under the dash on a 1999 E46 then it sounds like your problem is you don't have pins 2, 20 and 17 bridged under the hood.

I didnt even know that was a thing... I am connecting under the dash, and my cable is bridged on pin 7 & 8. But I didnt know about the under hood bridges. Ill try that next.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Armen,

You told me to follow your link for the INPA install. Everything seems good so far, but when I get to the step to run the REGSRV32 in the NFS part I get an error:

"can not install mfc80 register, administration privileges required"

But I am running it in administrator mode, so I'm not sure.

Do I need this bit for the INPA software or can I skip this step??

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Armen,

You told me to follow your link for the INPA install. Everything seems good so far, but when I get to the step to run the REGSRV32 in the NFS part I get an error:

Btw I'm in 64 bit Windows 10.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Hey Armen,

Btw I'm in 64 bit Windows 10.

Cheers
That step is unnecessary

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
i got as far as changing the com port number (win7 youtube at 9:25) but my com1 is "in use" so i left as com3.. regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx was successful (at 10:31), but i am not sure i follow the update sp daten process.
You don't need to do the sp update. Change it back to port 1 anyway, just select yes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey thanks for this, I've used it to set up everything from scratch on a Win 7 32 bit virtual machine with far fewer problems or third party addons than a previous attempt years ago.

I admit I'm running an R60 Mini (based on the R56 platform) but thought someone may be able to clarify against these files.

NCSExpert seems to read the ECUs OK but I get the following error everytime (can click OK to continue). I've grabbed the latest Datens (v60.1) from BimmerGeeks - is this likely the issue? If so, is it safe to use the update tool within the .rar to 'rollback' the datens?

Thanks

(Oh and was also able to use this newly installed setup with Rheingold with a couple of minor tweaks so that was good!)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Hey thanks for this, I've used it to set up everything from scratch on a Win 7 32 bit virtual machine with far fewer problems or third party addons than a previous attempt years ago.

I admit I'm running an R60 Mini (based on the R56 platform) but thought someone may be able to clarify against these files.

NCSExpert seems to read the ECUs OK but I get the following error everytime (can click OK to continue). I've grabbed the latest Datens (v60.1) from BimmerGeeks - is this likely the issue? If so, is it safe to use the update tool within the .rar to 'rollback' the datens?

Thanks

(Oh and was also able to use this newly installed setup with Rheingold with a couple of minor tweaks so that was good!)
Versions do not match is not a significant error

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finding one complete DIY for installing these softwares and what PINs to have sodered for the KDCAN cable is nowherere to be found. Can anyone help me with this i tried installing and kept getting an .ocx error like file cannot be found or something. Im trying to start bmw coding tool so i can update spdaten files and its giving me that. Whats up with the TIS link in this DIY?? just deleted whatever files i had prior to this since it was not working and now im trying again with this full bmw tools download and i cant find TIS.

I have windows 7 or 8 so it should be good togo i followed the windows 10 install

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
Finding one complete DIY for installing these softwares and what PINs to have sodered for the KDCAN cable is nowherere to be found. Can anyone help me with this i tried installing and kept getting an .ocx error like file cannot be found or something. Im trying to start bmw coding tool so i can update spdaten files and its giving me that. Whats up with the TIS link in this DIY?? just deleted whatever files i had prior to this since it was not working and now im trying again with this full bmw tools download and i cant find TIS.

I have windows 7 or 8 so it should be good togo i followed the windows 10 install
Download teamviewer and pm me your partner Id and password

461 - 480 of 516 Posts