BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I decided to do it!
I will post videos how to install INPA, WinKFP, and NCSEXPERT on Windows XP, 7, and 10.

Windows XP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAzFIDR9QNo
Windows 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lzWpVCqvc
Windows 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-XOQzuFqk

I will be troubleshooting in this thread.
Also, I am uploading all the SP-Daten files into separate folders so people could download whichever one they need. The link for that will be up once the upload finishes. (Done)
I am making some final touches on the rar file and that will soon be reuploaded with a link. (Done)

You only need to download "Full BMW Tools" unless you need the other files for troubleshooting
Links:
Mscomctl.ocx
SP-Datens
Full BMW Tools
E46 SP-Daten
WinRAR
TIS- newtis.info
DSC Fix (only needed if downloaded before 11/6/2017)

Update 10/28/2017 - Since I couldn't get TIS to work, I have found an online version and I have deleted TIS from the rar in order to save space. I have found an online version that I will post up here.

Update 12/17/2017 - Got an easy version of setting up INPA with special tests. https://mega.nz/#!uh8wCRAY!iWnS20kQYSdmE-NasHQbvMKvT9iChENKCMUNGvvj3hY

Update 04/10/2020 - How to align steering angle sensor:
You will use Tool32 located at C:\Ediabas\Bin\Tool32.exe
You will most likely face two errors (errors messages and blank screen) that are fixed by downloading this
Once that is done, open Tool32:
File -> Load SGBD, Group file -> DSC_MK60.PRG (located at C:\Ediabas\ECU) -> look for lenkwinkel_dsc_abgleichen -> Job -> Start job once only (F5) -> clear codes with INPA and enjoy!

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,721 Posts
Hey guys, I decided to do it!
I will post videos how to install INPA, WinKFP, and NCSEXPERT on Windows XP, 7, and 10.

Windows XP: Currently being done
Windows 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lzWpVCqvc
Windows 10: Next on the list

I will be troubleshooting in this thread.
Also, I am uploading all the SP-Daten files into separate folders so people could download whichever one they need. The link for that will be up once the upload finishes.
I am making some final touches on the rar file and that will soon be reuploaded with a link. (Done)

Links:
Mscomctl.ocx
SP-Datens (I have began uploading them)
Full BMW Tools
E46 SP-Daten
Thanks Armenh7! :bow:

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
43 Posts
Subbed

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
in for all SP-Datens. I really need E90 and E60 to start my project

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think this was long overdue. Most info about installing BMW Standard Tools was on the e39 thread that BlueBee (Bless him) had put together years ago. Thanks armenh7. I think many e46 new owners will appreciate this.
Oh well. I'm just trying to give back to the community

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm waiting for my 1.4 scanner to come from xcar360 and I'm hoping it will be easy to get working, I have an XP laptop just for it! Thanks for your work on this thread. I ordered a 1.4 tool from iSaddle and could not get it to work after many+many hours and got no help from the seller on Amazon or the iSaddle site itself. My opnion don't buy from either!

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys just wanted to put this out there: The E46 SP-Daten files that I had were not good. I tried updating my car with it and it didn't work. I have reuploaded the SP-Daten files for the E46 so please make sure to get the new one to prevent any problems from occurring

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,721 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to put this out there: The E46 SP-Daten files that I had were not good. I tried updating my car with it and it didn't work. I have reuploaded the SP-Daten files for the E46 so please make sure to get the new one to prevent any problems from occurring
There is no active link to the new E46 Daten files now in the lead in post armenh7.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no active link to the new E46 Daten files now in the lead in post armenh7.
I know, I am currently uploading them. I just wrote it in future-tense because most people will see the thread with the links up

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
E46 sp-daten link updated and files in sp-daten folder for E46 are updated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
This has gotten me further than I've been, but I'm still not there yet.

My previous installation running in XP mode on my 64 bit W7 laptop would never populate the chassis options in the INPA start screen, only the battery and ignition indicators. This setup gets me there and without the need to run in XP mode, but I'm not able to communicate with any modules. I'd read that this is commonly due to pins 7 and 8 needing to be soldered together but I've already done that. Is there something else I should try or should I order a new cable?

1 - 20 of 507 Posts