E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuk, i purchase an DLS Iridium 3 way speakers and the midbass couldn't fit into the factory location. Now i need to send my car to someone that make a pod for it for the midbass and the mid-range.

what speakers do u guys have that fit factory location ?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
noidea said:
Fuk, i purchase an DLS Iridium 3 way speakers and the midbass couldn't fit into the factory location. Now i need to send my car to someone that make a pod for it for the midbass and the mid-range.

what speakers do u guys have that fit factory location ?
What factory location? The door or rear deck?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
door !

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
How big are the speakers. I have never had a problem fitting 6.5's in the doors. Although coupes have more room, I have done sedans with 6.5s. Normally, I don't use the factory mounting, I build my own mounts going on the door metal, not the door panels.

Are you getting kick panel pods built? That is definitely the way to go!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ca1242 said:
How big are the speakers. I have never had a problem fitting 6.5's in the doors. Although coupes have more room, I have done sedans with 6.5s. Normally, I don't use the factory mounting, I build my own mounts going on the door metal, not the door panels.

Are you getting kick panel pods built? That is definitely the way to go!
yup, i will be getting them build a door pod to hold the midbass and the 3" midrange. the tweeters will goes back to factory a-pillar location.

i should be able to fit those spakers if i cut the metal behind the door panel. The speakers basket is hitting the metal. Next week the door pod will be completed and i will took some more pictures.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For sedans or coupes? 6.5 Iridium midbass dirver fits well in coupes. I just installed them few days ago.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a sedan...i try but it doesn't fit....do i need to cut off the factory door panel grill ? (the black plastic parts that hold the OEM speakers)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not so sure about the sedan.. Why don't you cut some metal? I did it to my car yesterday and it sounds so much better than before. No annoying high peaks in mid-range & a lot more midbass. I'm finally happy with my front stage now. :)

noidea said:
i have a sedan...i try but it doesn't fit....do i need to cut off the factory door panel grill ? (the black plastic parts that hold the OEM speakers)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts