E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.piratecove.org
3,677 Posts
haha sweet!

dont stop driving it, get out there and have some more fun!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Take the Angel Eyes, jk.

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
Awesome. :thumbup: My dealer loaned me a 530 stick when they had my cab. They were done with the car the next day, but I couldn't make back to them before they closed so I got it for an extra day.:thumbup: It was a helluva lot more fun than my 528 auto.

·
Black and Proud
17,002 Posts
unionjack...
dang.. the dealer gave you a manual 530 when your own car's not even manual?
i wish mine would do that
don't even know if they have any manual loaners

and jeremy... the 525 has a smaller engine than your 330.. but weighs more... how do you compare the two in terms of driving ?

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
For the most part yes, but I'm buddy buddy with my sales advisor and he always looks out for me. Knowing that they would have my car for at least a day he reserved me the 5er (it was the nicest loaner available). I know that they have about 20 or so loaners. Mostly 3s, some 5ers, some X5s and two 7s. Maybe I can get a 7 next time hehehehe.

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
My service advisor looked for a stick for me. He knows I would get one if I could, but unfortunately my wife won't let me get a car she can't drive. Otherwise I would be driving an M3.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sweet! I've gotten the 5...but I've gotten a lot of X5's...and the best loaner I got was a manual Z3 3.0 ... that thing was a mini-beast! Its what made me decide to go with an M Coupe!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can't wait to see what loaner car I will get when my car goes in.

·
Black and Proud
17,002 Posts
i've gotten the 525 wagon... and... although the interior was nicer than my 325i... that thing really drove like a boat... rear heavy for obvious reasons... AND it was raining a lot that day so i dared not push the car to its limits

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,669 Posts
unionjack said:
My service advisor looked for a stick for me. He knows I would get one if I could, but unfortunately my wife won't let me get a car she can't drive. Otherwise I would be driving an M3.
Thats why you get the wifey a saturn or a honda or some lessons on driving stick. :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Book ur car in for a friday, and tell them u can't make it back to pick up ur car, then u get it for the weekend :) I requested a Mini Cooper - that thing was fun!

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,669 Posts
I'm about to drop off my ride for my last warrantied service. I'll need a loaner to get between school and work. I hope I get something that nice as my loaner :thumbup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
XKxRome0ox - The thing is sluggish as anything. It's got a much smaller enging. I'm not sure by how much. My 330i has a manual tranny, this is auto unfortunately. I tried using that 'Sport Shift' thing. I'm not entirely impressed. It does hold the gear solidly through redline which is interesting. Besides the smaller engine and obviously heavier handling, the turning radius is just as tight as the 330 which is awesome. This one has the shades built into the doors and back shelf. The only other thing I don't like is the HUGE dashboard. It's impossible to easily/comfortably reach things when you're reclined in the seat (i.e.: the temp controls and the eject button for the CD player).

To all those that were curious about the DAE's on this car - notice that they're much dimmer than Umnitza's latest generation kit. I think that's an impressive accomplishment. Although I'd love to have the LED head and tail lights in my 330i, I'll settle to wait for now. This is pretty much a stripper model. Nice overall though.

BTW - I picked it up from Morris County CPO BMW in Morristown, NJ. They chose what I was going to drive. I didn't bother asking.

XKxRome0ox said:
and jeremy... the 525 has a smaller engine than your 330.. but weighs more... how do you compare the two in terms of driving ? [/B]
What isn't cool is that this is the third week I've had the car and already there are issues. I should have checked before I picked it up, but there's only so much you notice at once.

1. Clutch stop was broken and missing
2. That little green plug on the right side of the trunk was gone (not sure what it's for)
3. Hinge covers for fold down back seat are gone.
4. Shimmy in the wheel at lower speeds
5. Noisy MPG gauge between the left most position and 30mpg.

That's about all. Let's see what they come back with. Overall, if I were to get a 5 series, it'd be a manual 530 or 540. It's too much car for a 325 sized engine (184hp I believe).

Cheers!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I had the 525 wagon, which I loved 'cept for one thing. The worst freakin cupholders ever.

I hope Bangle made fixing those a priority.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts