BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the picture that contradicts the 155MPH M3 speed governor....

And I realized that it was a right-hand drive M3. Doesn't that make it a non-US model??? So, therefore, the speedo should not be in MPH right???

The curious thing is, the numbers on the speedo match the MPH numbers :confused: (i.e. 0-180mph) Was this picture photoshopped?

So could someone post a picture of their non-US model M3 for me to see?? is it in KPH??

Thanks!

Attachments

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mpowered said:
u got me confused....
Simply put, the pic seems like it should be a non-US model so I want to know if the non-US model speedo has KPH for the big numbers..

And if so, then why are the numbers on the speedo only going from 0-180 (that's standard for US models in MPH). :dunno:

·
Registered
940 Posts
it's a pic from a UK car (right hand)

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tpzblu330ci said:

Yes they do, hence the picture, mystery solved. :thumbup:
So that means that there is no 155mph speed governor/limitor? ;) I would try it but my engine is still too new :)

·
Crazy Boy
1,377 Posts
i dunno if there ... is i thought i got to 160 once but i backed down .... i wasnt paying close attention tho i was def above 140

·
Registered
304 Posts
The non us speedo (europe)has no mph on it,the big numbers are kph end no mph at all

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
Impulss said:

That's what i was told in elementary school...... So MPH is not a standard measurement? (as opposed to a metric system measurement) ???

Why don't you enlighten me :)
The metric system is the worlds standard system, what we use is America trying to be dickheads and make everything difficult on ourselves :D

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:

The metric system is the worlds standard system, what we use is America trying to be dickheads and make everything difficult on ourselves :D
Ditto. Metric system is the best and it goes in multiple of 10. :thumbup:
I'm still confused measuring my height in feet and inch. It's much easier with meter. :D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yes metric (e.g. km/h) is the world standard. Actually besides speed in mph even UK uses metric for other measurements. Look at the picture again and you'll notice although the speedo is in mph, the temperature gauge is in Celcius.

·
NWT Fanatic
761 Posts
Jspeed said:
Yes metric (e.g. km/h) is the world standard. Actually besides speed in mph even UK uses metric for other measurements. Look at the picture again and you'll notice although the speedo is in mph, the temperature gauge is in Celcius.
Another example..... Im in Canada, use KPH, Litres per 100km, etc... but in measurements of stature and weight of people, I go feet/inches and lbs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have heard that even thought the mph says dial says above 155 that you really arent going that fast anymore it doesnt stop at 155 on the dial just in real speed. Dont know how true that is though...
Chuck

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think what he meant by the standard measurement is that thats actually what its called:

standard measurement as compared to metric.. cause thats how my physics book says it.. even tho standard isnt actually the standard method.. its what its called.. you know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts