BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know if you have done any small upgrading to your stock stereo system and how it turned out. I have the non-HK system and have been thinking about adding a Bazooka or Infinity Basslink.

I am now old and married and no longer rip out the entire stereo in my car to make it a concert on wheels, but I will continue to live vicariously through all of you who do!

Thanks!
:D

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
i think you should change out your radio and call it a day... the radio is the weakiest part of the sound system. most ppl wouldnt do it in bmw, because you loose steering wheel controls, unless you use a PAC adapter. it also throws off the look of the dash. just do a really ice deck. i really liked the higher end alpine some put in there e46.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i'm in the beginning stages of upgrading my non-hk and it's slow-going. i am replacing the speakers first and then will attempt to replace the amp with my own..I'll let you know as I progress, though I'm scared that it will make only a small difference, since I refuse to change my dash. Since the stock unit is the weakest link, I'm wondering if it'll pull everything else down...

I'll let you know as I continue, and you do the same!

Thanks,
:confused:

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
its not gonna sound the same with the stock unit, cause you will need line out converters. but with a after market unit you will have higher volt rca outputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts