BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Gruppe M, ECIS, and Conforti - do they recommend other sofware to use with the new intake? I refuse to spend $1000 for an intake (with Software - Dinan).

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
Dinan stage 2 SW is only $499 not $1000, but with the cost of a CAI the combined reaches about $1000. There a couple other choices out there like the Confirti shark but its still not out yet(I think).

Another suggestion would be to just unhook the battery for awhile to clear the OEM software after adding the intake so the car can re-learn the best numbers for changes made.

·
Town Clown
15,041 Posts
It's definitely the price of the Dinan exhaust that makes it look out of whack. The pricing of the software is pretty much in line - I think Conforti runs about $250 for the SW and/or $350 for the Shark Injector. As Ghostrider states, the Conforti software isn't available yet for the E46 (anyone know more info?).

As for a company like Gruppe M, ECIS making SW recommendations, they probably won't make an outright recommendation - though your local performance tuner/dealer will probably have some input.

Hell, I think the knowledge base on here is probably plenty valuable to help you make a decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts