BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the ContiSports have a reputation for being noisy. What kinds of noises did you guys get when they started to get bad? I'm getting a grumbling noise between 10-20Mph and a thrumming at highway speeds, especially in turns. It could also be a wheel bearing, but I don't think so. The noise seems to come and go with different pavement types so I'm leaning towards tires. What are your experiences with these? Oh and my rear tires are new (6000 miles on them). The fronts are the ones I suspect are going bad.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks admins for moving this. I'm an idiot. I post in general so often I sometimes forget we have these other forums! :bow:

·
Likes Supermodels
2,776 Posts
i have them and i can't tolerate the noise;therefore, as soon as mine wears out, i'll replace them with a different brand. i have never experienced a tire on a bimmer that makes this much noise.

·
Mmm, Pancakes.
1,070 Posts
I think it is highly dependent on whether they wear evenly or not. In most cases, they do not, and thus people are constantly complaining about their noise level. Mine have 38,000 miles on them and are still very quiet, and have worn consistently.
But my Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s get here today, so that will give me a better idea of any excess noise that they may be generating :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine developed a noticeable rumble between exactly 125-130 km/h (about 80 mph) when they were worn at the rear. Replaced them with PZeros - noise gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts