E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I will start by thanking every one of you for your awesome contribution on this site, it really helped me with my car! I enjoy reading the DIYs and it saved me hundreds of $$ (which is awesome, because I am still going to school).

So here is my problem. Earlier this week, my car started to make some noise over bumps and slight torque transfer. I know about the subframe issue and I already had it fixed. Nevertheless I still looked for cracks and tears but there is nothing there.

I then looked for RTABs and ball joints. Everything seemed OK. I searched the web for other people having similar issues and I ran across the rear shock mounts issue. I thought that it could be the culprit since my father installed new stiffer shocks and springs before winter. So I removed the cover in the trunk and this is what I see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhRIiVTg364&feature=youtu.be

Are my RSMs shot? I am not too familiar with these since I do not have much experience (I am only 18). What replacement would you recommend me?

Thank you guys for the help!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick answer guys, I ordered a pair at my local parts shop and I should get them by wednesday. Is it okay to drive in this condition until then?

Sometimes I wish There was a BMW dealership in my area, the nearest I saw is 400 miles away (Ottawa).

I should be able to do the replacement by myself, I looked for some DIYs and it does not seem too complicated.

Again, thank you for the help! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts