BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
frequent tire purchaser
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I accelerate or make sharp turns I hear squeaking/popping noise from the back seat area like the chassis is tweaking. It sounds like a convertible entering a driveway. I haven't checked to see if it's coming from outside or under the car yet, but it sounds like it's inside. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
380 Posts
Search the forum. I think it's the problem with the bottom of the trunk ripped out of place. Something to do with sub-frames. It's been addressed before. Sorry, i can't give you more info on it.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,930 Posts
have you checked to make sure the rear seats are secured back? i remember i folded them down for some reason and when i put them back up one wasnt fulling clicked in so it make a sqeaking noise as it moved about. other than that i dont know...:dunno:

dalton

·
frequent tire purchaser
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably have to put my car on the lift this weekend and thoroughly inspect everything...... but I will check the back seats to make sure they are secure first! I don't think it's sub-frame related, but please keep your fingers crossed for me that it isn't because I'm out of warranty.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If it is inside the car, check to make sure your rear seat(s) is fully locked in place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, after weeks of frustration and helplessnes wondering why my 02 330I with only 6k mysteriously started squeeking and creaking I finally solved it....absolutely solved.......!!!!!! (can you tell I am excited?)

I purchased some Gummifledge from the dealer and lubed all the door and window rubber trims on the right side of my car (the suspected location). Per the posts from others on the E46 site I even tried lubing the seat locations where the leather met plastic. These attempts only made a marginal difference.

As I decide to pursue all the rubber seals in the car, I tried using LPS Silicon rubber lubricant on my sunroof as a shot in the dark. Presto chango alakazam!!!!!!Dead silence!!!!!! I apllied the spray to the upper and lower rubber seams of the sunroof as well as on some of the sunroofs interior rubber components that were visible and accessable. The sound change was like night and day.

I guess the creaking sound echoing down from the sunroof was emminating from the most middle part of the car so I could never really peg where the sound came from.

Took it for a test drive and heard absolutely nothing but the inline 6...............hoohoodilly!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts